Chapter 11- History of Kayla + More...

• Dedicated to Kayla, who isn't really like this!

Like I said before, it was Kayla. Ohh, Kayla. She tried to ruin my life but it didn't work. She had always been envious of me. Well at least since 5th grade. That's when she began to hate my guts. 

It basically started the 1st week of school in 5th grade. I was the general person, be nice to the new kids and talk to my usual friends that I saw occasionally over summer. I mean, I've always been a friendly person. I also stood up for what was right at a young age.,.. That has nothing to do with Kayla so anyway...

Like I was saying, I've always been a friendly person. Maybe being too friendly was the problem. 

Anyway, on the 1st day. I was talking to my 5th grade posse. It was made up of Isabel (yes, the popular girl. we were more like on and off friends), of course Jana, Kayla (yeah, the girl that hates me now), a girl named Tulsi, Barbara (doesn't go here anymore), Amanda, Destiny and Diana. We were just chattin' up a storm. Then he walked in. He who changed it all. 

His name was Devin. A simple name like Devin changed it all. 

I barely noticed when he walked in. I only noticed him cause later, I had to sit next to him. That was our seating chart. I was kind and said hi and stuff, just like I did to all new students (even the ugly ones)....

Back in time - to 5th grade

Me: (taking my seat, next to Devin) Hello. (little wave)

Devin: Hi

Me: Welcome to Sparkton Elementary. What's your name?

Devin: Thanks and I'm Devin. And you are...

Me: Bianca, Bianca Shepard.

Devin: Cool.

I asked him more questions and we got rather well acquainted with each other. Nothing important was even going on in class, Our teacher, Mrs. Bri (pronounced Bree, almost like breeze), was telling the class rules. Same old, same old. All she did was talk. Barely noticed that just about everyone was talking. 

As we continued to talk,  I remember how he would just look at me. Not like I was a bad person, just like an "interested" look. IDK how to describe it. Basically just how he was interested in me. Lil' old me. Just a normal 5th grader.

I admit I was basically one of those sassy, know-it-all youngsters. Well, ish. I had a pretty flower in my hair. ( I had actually just gotten back from Hawaii!!) I was also wearing some kind of tinted lip gloss. Nothing was too outta the ordinary. 

Devin and I did talk a lot that day. Well for that morning. But then we talked alot the next day, and many days after that.

...............................

Problems soon arose.

Well, Things were going fine in my life. Then people started to point out how Devin would always hang around me. I just told them it was all good, don't think to much about it, etc.

Then, I started to realize facts like: We were in 5th grade. We were always just trying to older. You know what I mean, dating-wise. 

I decided to keep my mouth shut cause I admit, I kinda liked Devin. He was nice, (to me), wasn't ugly, and liked sports like me. He was African American and Caucasian.  I mean, back then, I still thought dating was stupid, so I didn't really think about him much.

All my friends told me that Devin and I would make such a great couple. I thought about how ridiculous that would be. I mean come on, me and Devin. DUMB.

But as time went on, I noticed things. Like my 'friend' Kayla. She had begun to talk to me less. I eventually found out that Kayla had a huge crush on him.  That's why she didn't really talk to me. After that, she basically started to hate me.