Chapter 6- The Past is an Important Part of Life

Lillian: You should.... Give me a second to think...

Me: (murmur) How to thank a hero...

Lillian: Don't people hug the hero and then tell them how awesome they are?

Me: Sometime.... depends. Sometimes they kiss... (looks at Drake)

Drake is about to look back at me then Lillian interrupts the moment.

Lillian: BLEH! Kissing is nasty.

Me: (sarcastic voice) Oh is it really?

Lillian: Yes, unless its when mommy kisses me on the forehead "Goodnight" and when she tells me she loves me!

Drake: None of this is necessary. It happened in the morning... moment has passed. 

Drake droned on and on about how is wasn't needed. Then I did the unexpected. I walked up to him and hugged him. I put my arms under his arms and put my hands on his back. He wasn't much taller than me. I just gave him a hug. I also whispered...

Me: (whispering in ear) You did great. 

I was so close to his neck I could kiss him! But... I would never do something that daring. At least not yet.... I mean I don't know him that well. I have never been that extreme, but 8th grade is a nice time for change... you know, right before high school. Anyway...

I could tell he wanted to hug me back but I knew he was a bit worried and/or reluctant. I decided to pull away before this got anymore awkward than it was. I mean I just hugged him. And he (technically) kissed me earlier today!

I finally let go. Man, was I blushing! I mean its not like you could really see it. I had darker skin tone. 

Lillian: All better! Now Drake say it was your duty! (giggles) duty, doody, (which sounded alike)

I even grinned from Lillian's joke. 

Lillian: Drake, say it!

Drake: Fine... If it make you happy Lillian. 

 Lillian: It does!

Drake: (doing a little bow) I was glad of being you service, milady. 

Lillian and I giggled. Milady. Through all that giggling  Lillian said duty, which still sounded like doody, again. We all burst out laughing. Then I noticed people were staring at us. We hadn't left her school's premises yet. Whoops! :P

                                                          ----------------------------------------------

As we were walking, we were still laughing and enjoying ourselves. I came up to my house. I told them bye and see you tomorrow, and they did the same. As I was walking into the house I remembered I was still hurt. I mean I had gotten used to limping. But parents tend to overreact...

Mom: What happened, dear? Are you ok? Your eye, your LEG? Can you see? Can you walk?

A couple more questions came out. I finally decided to interrupt her. I mean there was nothing to hide. I might have seemed blunt about this. 

Me: (calm, controlled) I feel, several times actually. I blacked-out three time. I got hit twice and I fainted once. My leg.. (interrupted!)

Mom: Someone hit you? Who let me call the school now! Who done this to you?

Me: Calm down. No one hit me on purpose. I fainted and stuff... I'm tired mom. I'll talk to you later.

Mom: I know you will.