Chapter 9- Dance!

Me: (smiling) Hey Drake!

Drake: (smiling) Hey, ready to teach me?

Me: (giggling) Yeah, thats why I came!

I walked up to him. As he was standing up...

Drake: Want to go to the backyard?

Me: Sure, I guess.

Ooooh, more privacy. I would feel more embarrased when I'm dancing in public. I barely ever do. The last time I danced freestyle, in public was at my friend, Enrique's party. It was like a kid's version of a club scene. It had loud, popular music pumping! So much fun. The room had cool retro colored light spinning around the whole dance floor. It was pretty awesome. Most of my friends came too, so it was really fun.

He put the radio/speaker down. And I hooked up my iPod and put it on shuffle. Should be a good mix. A great song came on: "Party Rock Anthem" by LMFAO. It's popular, cool and upbeat. I really have no clue how to teach him though...

(Music is still playing)

"...Party rock is in the house tonight

Everybody just have a good time

And we gonna make you lose your mind

We just wanna see ya... shake that.."

Me: Hmm... How do you usually dance?

Drake: I don't, usually.

I decided to just show him a routine so he could make a do with that. Then I would go into detail of the dance steps and how to interpret the beats. I chose a different song. "Move by Flame. (Author comment: This is a Christian Rap song. It's GREAT! I put the video up) I'll just let that play as I show him some steps/ moves.

Me: Let's go.

Drake: (getting up) Oh alright.

Me: First, put out both your arms out, with your right arm above the left, like this. (shows him) The tilt your head to the left and turn your right arm along with it. (shows) while curving your body into it. 

Drake: Sooo simple. (does move perfectly with correct hip movement/placement and all)

Me: I knew you could dance. 

Drake: (smirking) Well maybe I can.

Me: See. Then show me what you got.

I restarted "Move" by Flame. I sat down and watched him. Dang was he good. This song has a cool thing at the beginning. Drake did this cool, slow robotic thing along with it. (Author: IDK what to call it) 

Song ended...

Me: (clapping) Woah. That was Amazing! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!

Drake just smiled and bowed. I knew this was gonna be great. 

Me: (standing up) Can you moonwalk? (moonwalks)

Drake: Uhh, not really. (tries to moonwalk)

Me: Not to bad...

Drake: What else... I can spongebob.

I asked him if he could do a bunch more moves. Those dance moves included popular/classic moves, such as the Cat Daddy, Motorcycle, that thing where you act like your driving a car with your hands out, funky chicken, shuffle/running man, jerk and the sprinkler. He looked great with that for some reason.

He could do most of the moves. Nothing much left to teach.

Me: (yawns) Im tired. But we still have some homework to do... aww.

Drake: Yeah. Guess we should start then...

Me: Yeah... 

I grabbed my backpack and dragged it to our spot on the grass... 

Drake: (doing algebra)

I was about to turn around and sit down, but of course, I........ tripped. I fell right on him. Like ON HIM!  I knocked the stuff outta my backpack too. 

Me: (trying to get off Drake) I'm so sorry. Are you alright?

Drake: Uh, yeah. Your not heavy. Are you alright?

Me: (still trying to get up) Yeah. 

I finally got up after rolling off him. It was super ungainly and awkward. I must really be a mess...

Drake: You are somewhat accident prone, are you?

Me: Yeah, I guess. Only since I've met you.

Drake: Hey!

Me: (starting to gather stuff  that fell out of my backpack) I'm not saying its your fault.

Drake helped me gather my stuff...

Me: Thank you.

Drake: Anytime. 

We finally sat down and did some homework. We worked in mostly silence. That took long enough...

Me: I'm done with the important stuff.

Drake: Give me a second... there done. So watcha wanna do?

Surprisingly, it wasn't even 5 pm yet. 

Me: Oh I don't know. Lets just listen to music. It helps me think.

I turned on some music and put it on shuffle. The 1st song was "Ain't Nothing Wrong with That" by Robert Randolph & The Family Band. (Video Link on side) 

Drake: It's so old school.

Me: I know right, I love it. Heard it while watching Dancing With the Stars. 

Drake: Isn't that that show with ballroom dancing?

Me: Yup, its great.

Drake: Hmmm... can you?

Me: Can I what?

Drake: Can you ballroom dance?

Me: Definitely not professionally, but i have watched a couple of seasons to figure out a few basics. 

Drake: Would you mind showing me?

Me: Sure, but its alot different than pop/hip hop dancing?

I stood up. Waiting. Drake hasn't moved... just staring at me, or somewhat past me, in a way.

Me: Well, come on, stand up... don't have all day.

Drake: OH, right.

Me: Okay so first stand straight, with your arms like this...( shows him) Now put your right hand just below my shoulder blade. Not too bad. Now, close to me...

My phone beeps with alarm I set earlier...

Me: Oh wow, its 4:50. I have to go...

We started to gather our stuff...

Drake: May I walk you home?

Me: Uh sure. Lets go.

We talked a bit about school. We arrived at my house.

Me: Bye Drake.

Drake: Bye, I'll miss y... (Clears throat) 

Me: What were u saying?

Drake: Nothing, see ya tomorrow.

Well that was awkward. Oh well it was dinner time! 

Sorry it took a while to post this. Anyway, hope you enjoyed it :)