Chapter 19- Breaking Hearts but Not Dreams

More weeks have passed...

I dance with Devin only once a week now....

Now...

There's a week until the competition video deadline is over.... Drake and I have been practicing and arguing more than ever...

Me: This is gonna be so awesome when we finish!

Drake: When we finish? I thought we were done.

Me: I just want add one more thing...

Drake: Remember, that's what you said last week.

Me: Yes, but this one's really good.

Drake: You've been sounding like a broken record for the past few weeks. Saying the same thing so many times...

Me: Excuse me? If you didn't want to do this, you could've said so or something...

Drake: (quitely) I did.

Me: When?

Drake: Last week, I said "If we add one more thing, I think I'll quit"

Me: I thought you were joking...

Drake: I thought I was too, but this is putting me.. us under to much stress. I juggling so many things right now. 

Me: And you don't think I am! I'm in the play, I'm doing this plus, keeping up my grades and trying to have a life.

Drake: (yelling) And what do you think I've been doing? You don't understand what life is. I might not be in the play but I have a single mother who's trying to support 2 kids! Money's always been a problem and I've been giving her more of a burden by not being able to take care of Lillian for 2 days a week! (sheds a single tear)

Me: (trembling) Then.... quit.

Drake: So you want me to quit now?

Me: You seem like you want to.

Drake: Then what will you turn in?

Me: I'll make a new one by myself.

Drake: So all my help is down the drain?

Me: You wanted to quit.

Drake: Why do I even bother? Bye Bianca (grabs backpack and leaves)

After he left, I go to corner, crawl into a ball and cry. What else could I do?

                                           -----------------------------------------

When I got home, I tried to call Drake and I texted him too. No answer...

(at school)

Me: Drake! Hey can...

He was already outta my sight...

                                          ------------------------------------------

Like I mentioned earlier, I am in the play now... which was a lot more work than I though. I actually got a main role. (Isabel was so mad!)

The play also showed me that I wasn't the best actor. I thought I could act, but this pretty much proved that wrong. Not completely, but mostly.

Mr. Levi usually said a lot of, "you could do this", "you need to put more feeling and emotion" etc.

I also had a easy dance number with some other kids and a duet song with a kid named Xavier, who was pretty bad. (no offense!)

The play was an all middle school production about giving and stuff, you know general Christmas spirit...