How to Help yourself relax when having Anxiety

Hey guys, this chapter is a couple of tricks on how I help myself relax when I'm having Anxiety.

When I have Anxiety I like to be with my dogs, I like to sit with them or lay with them or just generally be around them. Dogs for me have a calming effect, they can so chill and relaxed and have some sort of vibe to them that's relaxing for me. 

When I'm with my dog there's no noise, and that lets my mind wander off. SO to let my mind focus on something else I like to put something on, like a tv show, movie or some music. Typically some sort of upbeat music so that way the vibe around is changed to something less worry some. 

Also, treat your self to a little spa day, go out, or stay in to do it yourself, whatever you think will help best. Run a hot bath, do a facemask, do your hair or makeup, I also like to put on a show when doing this so its extra distraction.

While doing this I like to grab my aromatherapy because it helps to calm your nerved down, I got all of this information from https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/10884.php

"A range of essential oils may help boost health and wellbeing.

Aromatherapy is normally used through inhalation or as a topical application.

Inhalation: the oils evaporate into the air using a diffuser container, spray, or oil droplets, or breathed in, for example, in a steam bath.

Apart from providing a pleasant smell, aromatherapy oils can provide respiratory disinfection, decongestant, and psychological benefits.

Inhaling essential oils the olfactory system, the part of the brain connected to smell, including the nose and the brain.

Molecules that enter the nose or mouth pass to the lungs, and from there, to other parts of the body.

As the molecules reach the brain, they affect the limbic system, which is linked to the emotions, the heart rate, breathing, memory, and hormone balance. In this way, essential oils can have a subtle, yet holistic effect on the body."

If at all possible going drives with my window down when it's cool out and with some nice music on, it can help calm me down at times, I don't know why because driving usually gives me anxiety but something about not being in the same place for too long just helps put me at peace for some reason. I can't explain it but all I know is that works for me. 

Anyway, these are just some of the things I do to help me when I'm having Anxiety so I hope it's a little bit helpful to you or anyone you know who has anxiety, I love you guys and don't forget you can talk to me about anything. Bye.

Sorry this was such a short chapter but I hope it helped.

Love you guys, talk soon. 

Lily-xoxo