Chapter 13 - The Date (II)

*NOT EDITED*

Chapter 13

---

   I wondered how Shawerma was made. I mean, you had the chicken as a whole, you know, with the legs and arms and everything, but how did you turn it into the mass of chicken stuck together on the stick. Did they cut several pieces of it and then stick them together with some paste, or something? Or did they remove the bones before molding the chicken like Shish-Kababs together? Maybe I should check out a documentary or something about it. But then again-

   "Ash!" Ryder yelled and snapped his fingers in my face. Blinking a couple of times, I realized I zoned out again and that we had stopped the car in some random place by what looked like a forest.

   "I've been trying to get your attention for 4 minutes now."

   "Sorry, I zoned out. So, what is this place?" I asked, craning my neck to look past the trees. Then a sudden terrifying thought popped out to me. "Are you kidnapping me? Are you part of a gang that's supposed to hold me hostage? Ryder-"

   "Calm down for God's sake; you have the imagination of J.K. Rowling. I'm not kidnapping you or anything, just follow me." He turned off the engine and left the car, waiting for me outside.

   "I don't know why I don't have a good feeling about this," I said doubtfully once I left the car and started following him.

   "No one ever has a good feeling about following a guy you've only known for 2 months and a half now into an abandoned forest."

   I stayed silent deciding he was right. We kept walking, him leading, for a short while until I decided to make small talk like the civilized person that I am.

   "So, Ryder Adams. I really know nothing about you as you stated a couple minutes ago," I said, making sure not to trip over the uneven ground scattered with twigs, and is that a snail? Eww. "Let's play 20 questions."

   "Okay, I start," he said making way for me between two trees, "give me one fact that I probably don't know about you."

   "That is not a question," I said smartly to which he shrugged. Nevertheless, I answered, "Damon and I are adopted. He's only older than me by 5 months."

   "You guys are adopted? That's so cool."

   "Yeah, I guess. It's my turn, now. How many siblings do you have?"

   "I have four siblings- 3 are female and are older than me, 1 younger guy."

   "I didn't take you for the big family guy," I said surprised, then, "If I had not been playing soccer for 7 years now, I think my legs would've already collapsed 5 minutes ago."

   "How many boyfriends did you have over the years?" He said ignoring my complaints.

   "Umm, I had Smelly Sam, Geeky Greg, Big Billy, Disgusting Derek-"

   Ryder interrupted me with a deep laugh that echoed through the forest. I don't think I've ever heard him laugh so genuinely.

   "Are you serious? Big Billy? Geeky Greg? That's ridiculous," he said, still laughing.

   "Nah, I was just kidding. But Smelly Sam was real." I smiled at the nickname that Reece gave him. He was my first and last boyfriend- Smelly Sam of course, not Reece. I thought guys were just allergic to me. Was it even possible for a human being to be allergic to another human being?