Chapter 25 - Almost Dying

*NOT EDITED*

Chapter 25

---

I jumped. And I screamed.

Well, I didn't really jump. The guy I was strapped to⎯Johnny⎯kind of pushed me off. All I heard was the wind screaming by as we fell at around 130 miles an hour. It made me feel like I was like standing in a wind tunnel, and that I wasn't falling⏤I was gliding.

Things began to come into view more clearly with each passing moment. I could make out houses and barns, cars and trucks.

"Okay, it's time for the parachute!" Johnny had to yell in my ear so I can hear him over the screaming wind. I nodded back and felt around for the string. I gave it two tugs and one last final pull . . . that made the string snap.

"The string snapped in half!" I yelled, panicking.

"Houston, we have a problem," Johnny called into his walky-talky-thingy.

"Are we going to die? Oh, God. Way to fricking go, Ash. You're going to get yourself killed, and Johnny . . . oh, poor Johnny. Why did he have to get stuck with some stupid-"

"Calm down!" He interrupted my ranting, "Someone's coming!"

His words did little to help me as the panic grew when I saw that the ground was coming nearer and the houses becoming clearer.

Suddenly, I felt someone pull us upwards, and we were no longer falling like dead flies onto the ground. I craned my as head as much as possible to see that another instructor had strapped us to him and he opened the parachute. We were now falling softly at 15 miles per hour.

I sighed a sigh of relief and closed my eyes as I set my legs straight and glided against the ground. I looked around to see that Ryder had already landed a distance away from us.

As soon as they unstrapped me, I stumbled out and started kissing the ground. Yes, literally kissing the ground.

"Oh, God. Thank You! Thank you so much. I'm too young to die. I still have to meet Shane Dawson." I rolled around on the grass before laying on my back and staring at the cloudy sky.

"So, how was it?" Ryder had walked up to me and was staring at me upside-down with a smirk.

I narrowed my eyes at him making him shrink back. I was still shaken from the incident and I stumbled as I tried to stand up.

I started backing him up as he almost tripped backward. "I almost died. The string was cut in half."

His eyes widened and he checked my bodies for injuries. "Are you okay? How did that happen?"

I stopped walking and sucked in my lips embarrassed. "I kind of somehow managed to cut the string."

"Then it's your fault," he pointed out with a laugh.

"Well . . . it was both of ours."

"So, I'm taking you didn't like it?" His expression fell.