Chapter 22 - In Heaven

*NOT EDITED*

Chapter 22

---

Ryder was looking at us expectantly with two drinks in his hands. Aren't I just the luckiest person on earth?

"Knew what? What happened?"

"It's nothing. Something silly, really." I chuckled nervously and waved my hand, trying to dismiss the matter.

His eyes grew suspicious and he raised his eyebrows. "Drake, what's going on?"

Drake looked at me nervously for help. "Well, you see . . . I-uh."

"I wanted fresh air so I decided to go outside, but then I met a guy who wanted to help. My head started hurting so much, and he promised a quiet place. To be honest, he looked like an okay guy so I agreed. He took me to the back of the house and started harassing me, he almost raped me but Drake stopped him and I beat him up. I'm okay now, so no need to worry," I said all in one big breath.

His face went from confused to shocked to anger. He crumbled the cups in his two hands angrily before throwing them on the ground. I didn't think Drake was serious about the murdering part, but now I'm really starting to get worried.

"Where is he?" His voice was deeper than usual, and he looked like he was trying as much as he can to not explode.

We didn't answer him and instead, I looked to the ground.

"Where. Is. He?" This time, his voice was deadly.

When Drake still didn't answer, Ryder took two long steps and had his hands on his collar.

"RYDER! It's not his fault. Calm down. Just calm down." I placed a hand on his shoulders and felt him slowly relax his tense shoulders under my hand.

Letting go of Drake, he stepped back. "Please, just do this for me. Where is he?"

I knew I should be scared because of Ryder's state, but I also knew that he wouldn't touch me. Not me.

I decided not to answer him and he pinched the bridge of his nose, exhaling heavily with closed eyes.

He stormed off without a word to the back of the house. Drake and I exchanged worried glances before following him hurriedly.

It was hard to run in the heels I was wearing, but I managed. And the dress kept on riding up my thighs. That stupid damned dress. The cause to all my problems.

This was what I got for listening to Emma.

By the time Drake, Ryder, and I reached the back of the house, Nick had already left. I breathed a sigh of relief.

"I will get him," he said before turning back to me, his eyes checking my body for any injuries. Or at least, that's what I hoped he was doing.

"Are you okay?" His eyes were full of concerned and all my previous thoughts vanished.

"Yeah, fine as wine." I waved my hands around to show him.