Chapter 50 - Finding Hidden Treasures, Old Letters, and Dog Poop

*NOT EDITED*

Chapter 50

---

"Come in," I called when a knock was heard across my room. I paused the YouTube video I was watching and sat up straight.

"Hey," Elyse's head poked behind the door and I noticed her eyes roaming my messy room, "do me a favor and clean up your room, honey."

I groaned. "Not now, please."

I felt like a child saying those words and protesting against cleaning my room, but I just felt really lazy and not in the mood.

Conspiracy theories by Shane Dawson seemed way more appealing than discovering the hidden treasure of garbage under my piles of clothes and other unknown stuff. 

"Do it as an early Mother's Day gift," she said with a sarcastic smile.

"Fine," I huffed. Closing my laptop, I stood up and stretched my limb arms, wincing when I felt the blood rushing to my toes. I think I spent a good four hours on the laptop instead of doing the argumentative essay I had due for tomorrow.

Elyse gave me an appreciative smile before leaving and closing the door behind her.

I looked around and sighed when I saw how much work I had to do. My eyes caught a hint of black under a big pile of clothes; it looked like a large, black teddy bear.  When I looked closer, I realized that that was actually my spinning chair. I thought Elyse had thrown it out since the screws were too loose, but apparently it was here all this time under my clothes.

Elyse was right; I should really start cleaning my room more often.

I set to work but not before playing my Spotify playlist. I started with the floor, picking up all the one-paired socks, chocolate or sweet wrappers, and other clothes.

Fifteen minutes later, I had moved on to my hairdresser. I tidied and organized the drawers, making sure that the socks, belts, underwear, hair ties, and accessories were in their assigned places in each drawer. In the last drawer, however, I saw the envelope I had stashed carelessly a month  ago. It was the letter Elyse gave me as my Christmas gift. 

Why hadn't I opened it earlier?

I took the envelope and sat down on my bed, the curiosity making me rip at the sealed envelope. Inside were two folded papers—an A4, normal sized paper, and a small piece of paper.

My eyes skimmed over the horrible, messy cursive handwriting on the paper.  I read the first few words and realized what this was.

I wrote this letter nine years ago.

Dear bieological parents,

I'm not mad that you gave me up for addoption. I'm happy that you did because now I'm with Elyse and dad.

Elyse is so fun and she always bakes apple pie for me. You probely don't know this, but I LOVE apple pie so much! They call me Ashie-pie.

I'm sorry I didn't write this earlier, but I was waiting for the rite moment when I'd be more proffesionall in writing. I've been practicing cursive and as you can see, I'm great at it!

I thoght it would be cool if I wrote to you a letter the way the way Disney girls do. And I wanted you to know that I'm completly fine and happy and give you an update on my life.

With all my love,

Ashie-pie :)

I was still giggling by the time I reread the last few lines. I remembered that when I had signed the paper, I thought I was more professional. The grammar and spelling was ridiculous, but it made it even cuter.