FAQ

1-Where'd you get the inspiration to write the book?

As weird as it sounds it just came to me one day. I was talking with my friend (SD) and the idea popped in my mind like a bulb being lit.

2-Is there going to be a bonus chapter?

I can't give you a solid answer because I'm still not sure, but I most likely won't have a bonus chapter.

3-How long did it take to finish writing this book?

I started writing The Art Of Breaking Hearts in the winter break, in December of 2016. So, about 4 months.

4-Did you plan the plot twists? How'd you come up with them?

To be completely honest, when I first started writing this book, the ending was completely different than how it turned out to be. Ryder was supposed to end with Ash. And the whole thing with Chloe, Bex, and Ryder didn't even exist.  Ryder was originally just hanging out with Ash to get closer to Bex because he was intrigued by her 'good girl' behavior. But then I decided I was an extra bitch and changed everything 😂

Anyways, I actually came up with the plot twists after thinking hard. I needed something big and heart breaking, and I'm hoping it worked ;)

5. How'd you update so frequently?

  I think there was a point where I'd update daily. And then I had to slow down because school was taking a poll on me. What pushed me to update so frequently was that I was so excited to finally get to the plot twist and the heart breaking apart.

Another major thing was your support, comments, and votes. I know so many authors say that these help that now it's 'overrated' but it really did help me. I felt really motivated and supported and it made that more pushed to write the book.

5-What's the story behind your code name (MD AND SD)?

I am an Egyptian Muslim who lives in Dubai. When I first started writing this book, I thought that if people really knew who I was, they'd judge me and decide not to read this book because all Muslims or Arabs are classified as terrorists. It's the sad truth. That stereotype set so many limits for me on so many different things in life. It even got to the point of affecting having friends on Wattpad.

But I then learned that the Wattpad community is actually a welcoming, loving, and an amazing community that I am glad to be part of. So, I'm deciding to keep the code names but not gm for the sake of fear of discrimination, but for the sake that I am now known on Wattpad like that.

Unfortunately, these stereotypes aren't only for us Arabs. They're also for any other foreigners and it's sad that they still exist.

My name is Malak Tamer, I'm from Egypt, and I live in Dubai. I am not a terrorist and not all arabs/Muslims are terrorist. Please stop the stereotypes.

6-If there was one person to who you'd dedicate the entire book to, who would it be?

The person would be crocodiletears_  She was my first friend here on Wattpad and has supported me throughout the whole thing. All her comments made me smile, laugh, and at times, almost cry from happiness.

---

Thank you all for all your love, support, and patience.

Until next time,

MD ❤️