Chapter 42 - Miss.USA: the Naked, Shaking Chihuahua

*NOT EDITED*

Chapter 42

---

We went back home four days into school. Damon did his best to make me forget about Ryder. And it almost worked, keyword; almost.

"Ahh, the freeze-your-balls Alaska weather," Damon said, shutting the car trunk with force, "it's good to be home."

"No, it's not," I grumbled loud enough for everyone to hear.

Dad laughed and paid the taxi driver the money. We walked into the house and I immediately headed up to my room. I opened the bedroom door and left my traveling bag in a corner. Flopping on the bed, I heard Damon enter his room and shut the door.

I untied the thick scarf around my neck and pushed the beanie off my hair, feeling suffocated. Soon enough, I had shimmied - struggled, actually - out of the layers of clothing I had on. Feeling satisfied, I discarded the clothes and jumped under the comforter.

As much as I hated the weather here, I did miss my bed.

I was about to doze off when the door to my room burst open. I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Damon, get out. I'm so tired and n-"

"YOU'RE BACK!"

My face morphed into one of surprise as Emma jumped on the bed with a giggle.

"Emma? What are you doing here?"

"Okay, I'll just leave then-"

She started to get up with a faked angry expression, but I pulled her back from her arm.

I laughed and sat up straighter. "I didn't mean it like that. Yes, we just came back . . . literally, like right now."

"I know. I told Damon to text me as soon as you guys came back."

"Why didn't you text me- oh, wait, nevermind."

"Yeah, I kept texting you, but you never returned any of my texts. I started to get worried, you know, and so I told Damon to tell me when you guys come."

I nodded in understanding and a silence took over us. I noted the water bottle in her other hand.

"So? Aren't you going to tell me why you weren't answering you texts?" she asked.

"Oh, yeah right," I chuckled nervously, "I-uh-"

She clicked her tongue with a shake of her head after taking a sip from her bottle."Nope, this isn't going to work for me. Spit it out, girl."

"It's Ryder. He may or may not be cheating on me."

She spat the water that was in her mouth on my face.

"Eukh!" I spat the water that managed to land itself in my mouth in the garbage can next to the bed. "Emma!"

She wiped at her mouth with the back of her hand. "W-what are you talking about? That's impossible, period. There is no way that could be happening."