Chapter 45 - Answers

*NOT EDITED*

Chapter 45

---

"Bex."

"In the flesh," she said with a wink.

"Why are you guys here?" Ryder asked through gritted teeth, "I'm trying to fix everything."

"We're here to help, Little Rhyno," Chloe said with fake innocent eyes, making Ryder flinch at the nickname, "come on, let's go to the VIP room upstairs."

"I'm not going anywhere with you," I said in a finalizing tone.

I turned back to my seat, giving them my back. I met the bartender's eyes for a fleeting second before we both looked away. He had been watching the whole thing.

Ryder touched my hand and I couldn't help but recoil my hand. A hurt expression flashed across his eyes, making me regret what I did.

"Ash, please. You have to let me explain," he said pleadingly.

"Don't you want answers? You'll only get them if you come with us," Bex said in a tone that suggested something else. I looked at her face and was confused to see an unfamiliar cunning look on her makeup-caked face.

"Can you please tell the girls what's going on? I'll be back in less than 15 minutes," I said to the bartender.

He nodded. "I got you covered."

I stood up to follow them, but stopped and turned around. "I never got your name."

"It's Blake," he said with a smile.

I nodded. "Thanks, Blake."

I turned back around before I lost them as they maneuvered their way through the crowd and up a set of stairs. They led me through a dark hallway with burgundy painted walls lit by a dim light. Chloe opened the door to one of the many rooms in the hallway, except this one seemed to be the biggest.

The room was nearly empty save the few people here that needed a quiet place. There was low jazz music playing in the background and another bar here as well. Several tables with chairs, couches, or booths were in the VIP room.

We walked to an empty place to sit - two couches and a table in the middle. I took the solitary couch while Bex and Chloe took the couch opposite to me, and Ryder pulled a chair to sit in between us.

"Before we get into anything, what did you do, Bex?"

"What do you mean, what did I do, Ashie?" She smirked.

"I mean, what's up with the new fake Barbie look?" I snapped, sick and tired of her annoying stuck-up act. This was not the Bex I was accompanied to, and I hated it.

"Aww, are you mad that you're no longer the pretty one out of us?" she asked with pouted lips, "get over yourself."

My jaw dropped to the floor and my eyes widened.

"Stop it, Bex," Ryder said warningly.

A look of hurt flashed across her eyes before she looked down at her hands and muttered a sorry.

"I want answers. Why'd you get a new look?" I asked again firmly.

Any hint of timidness washed away when I spoke. She looked back at me and crossed her arms. "I decided to step out of your shadow. My sister helped."

"Sister?" I asked.

"That would be me," Chloe said.

A wave of shock hit me hard, disarranging my thoughts.