LXV

Niall's POV

Crash! Bang! Clap!

I woke up abruptly and started shaking when I could hear the noises of the storm outside. I pulled the covers over my head and tried to ignore it but soon lightning flashed and it was bright enough to light up the whole room.

"One, two, three, four, five..." CRASH!

I tried counting to ten to calm myself down but it didn't work. The storm was relentless. The wind was now whistling and the rain bartered against the window. I checked Harry's alarm clock, which said it was only 2:30 am.

This is going to be a long night.

I sat under the covers and brought my legs up to my chest and hugged them, the way I used to do after Uncle Patrick would come home after the pub.

There was a particularly loud boom that made me physically jump with fright and the covers moved off of me.

I lay back and wrapped the covers around me again and contemplated my options. Option 1: sit here for the rest of the night and get no sleep. Option 2: go and ask Dad and Papa if I could sleep with them.

Before I could decide another strike of lightning struck along with a massive rumble of thunder. I couldn't help myself as I burst into tears.

"Li? What's that?" I heard Papa ask groggily. I continued crying, feeling an asthma attack coming on and not able to get any words out.

Papa came into our room and noticed that I was inhaling heavily straight away.

"Li, get Niall's inhaler!" Papa shouted. "Quickly!"

Dad ran into the room holding my inhaler and immediately put the mask part of it on my face.

"Niall, breathe." He instructed as he started pumping the inhaler.

I breathed in and let the inhaler do its job. After three puffs Dad took the mask off of my face and let me calm down a bit.

"What happened Nibear?" Papa asked, rubbing my back soothingly.

"The s-storm." I said, still shaken up.

"Why didn't you come and get one of us?" Dad asked and I shrugged in response.

"Come on, let's go back to bed. Niall, you can sleep in our bed." Dad said and picked me up.

He carried me into their room and laid me in the middle of their bed. Papa climbed in at one side and Dad got in the other.

"Go to sleep baby. The storm can't get you. Daddy and Papa are here." Papa said stroking my hair until I fell asleep, blocking out the noise of the storm.

The next morning I woke up a little confused, but that quickly turned into embarrassment.

"You okay Ni? You gave us quite a scare last night." Papa said as he noticed I was awake.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Are you sure baby?" He asked and I nodded again. "Well, you aren't going to school today love. Daddy's already taken Zee and Hazza to school." Papa said and it was then I realised that it was 10 am.

"Did I really sleep for that long?" I asked.

"Yeah, you must've needed it after last night. I didn't know that storms scared you that much." He said and I blushed.

"It's because there hasn't been a storm that bad in ages. Usually if it's just a small one I can deal with it."

"But why didn't you tell us?"

"I didn't want to seem like a baby. Plus, what can you do about it? There's literally nothing that can be done. I know that the storm can't physically hurt me but..." I trailed off.

"But?"

"I don't really want to talk about it." I said.

"Louis! I brought Starbucks for breakfast!" Dad shouted as I heard him shut the front door and throw his keys on the table.

"Oh Ni, you're up. How are you?" Dad asked worriedly.

"I'm fine. I would've been fine to go to school today as well." I huffed.

"Niall, you don't have to act strong all the time. We're all scared of something. You had an asthma attack last night for goodness sake!" Dad said.

"Well it's pretty clear that someone has to act strong." I said and then cringed when I realised what had slipped out.

"What do you mean bug?"

"Nothing."

"No Niall, you need to talk. If you don't I'll book you in for a therapist session."

"Okay, okay." I said defeated. "I'm the one that has to be strong because it's not like Zayn or Harry are going to do it."

"But that doesn't mean anything, we're all our own people." Papa said.

"I know, but lately I've just grown up a bit and it feels like I've kind of lost my big brother along the way. He's always either busy with Justin or I've made him angry at me."

"Well as for the growing up thing, we've noticed that too. You should enjoy being young because once you start high school next year the real pressure is going to start. As for the Zayn situation; talk to him about it. Say how you miss him because he's always with Justin but I'm afraid if you want him to stop being angry at you, you have to stop annoying him."

"But it's funnnnnnn." I whined and Dad chuckled.

"Maybe for you, but I'm sure Zayn doesn't feel that way."

"Okay." I said, defeated.

"Also, why don't you like storms? You started telling me earlier but stopped."

"It's not something I usually talk about."

"You can tell us baby. We're your family, you can talk to us about anything."

"Well, my Mum and Dad died because of a storm. My auntie told me that when I was old enough to understand. So now I know that people can be taken away from you during storms and I don't want any more people to get taken away from me." I said getting teary. "See, there's a reason why I don't talk about this." I said wiping my eyes and gave a sad chuckle.

"Oh baby." Papa said and embraced me in a hug. "All you had to do was say and you could've spent the whole of last night in our bed with us."

"Didn't want to be a bother."

"You're never a bother. Daddy and I love you all so much."

"I love you too."

Hey guys!

This was part of a prompt @DHMORREGO left. I hope you liked it and part two will be out soon. I think I'll split the prompt over three chapters.

In other news, the exams that I had to take a two week writing break from, marks came back. I'm so unbelievably happy because I got all As. I'm literally ecstatic.

My anxiety was extremely bad before and during these exams so it's kind of put myself at ease. I stress myself out too much sometimes.

Hope you guys like the chapter, it's a little bit shorter but I've been too busy celebrating to write anything longer.

Love you guys!

Comment! Vote!

Thank youuuuuuu

💖

7/02/17