Hau x Lillie

(( Requested by pikachu5243! I'm surprised this book is already getting noticed, I literally just published it TvT ))

After Lillie had left with her mother to become a trainer, Hau was left there with Kukui and you.

He had dragged you ALL THE WAY here from your house. This boy had problems.

You'd be lying if you said you didn't feel a bit emotional as well.

Earlier, Lillie had given Hau something you couldn't see. But then she turned to you, setting one of her most prized possessions in your hands.

A stuffed pokédoll.

It was around 10 inches, and you couldn't help but cling to the pink toy as you watched Lillie wave to you goodbye.

Hau looked incredibly sad. He was even crying. You've never seen him like this. Usually he's a happy, go-lucky person.

When Lillie was out of sight, Hau had sat on a pipe, turned away from you and Kukui both. He was obviously crying still.

Kukui said something about letting whoever was going away see a smile before they left. Hau just nodded, exchanging a few more words with him.

He still looked pretty bummed though. You sigh, walking to him and sitting next to him. Whatever item he'd gotten from Lillie, he was clutching pretty tightly.

You couldn't see what it was still. You figured it'd be best if you just let him keep his little secret of what it actually was.

"Hau? You okay?" You tilt your head at him. He smiled painstakingly. "I'm alright. I just hope Lillie is okay.."

Lillie.

His voice had cracked slightly when he said her name. He rubbed his eyes with the palm of his hand.

He was taking this pretty hard.
______________________________

3 months later

Hau was sitting beside you and Gladion, practically destroying his spicy malasada.

Gladion was looking bored as always, picking at a sweet malasada you had bought for him.

You were enjoying a sweet malasada as well.

Since he had plucked berries off of your malasada from last time, you decided to buy him one of his own. With extra Razz Berries. (*nudge nudge*)

Hau's phone had chimed. "Hm?" He set his malasada down, pulling his phone from his pocket. "Alola?"

"Hau! Alola!" It was on speaker. Quickly realizing this, Hau had pulled the phone away from his now aching ear. You chuckle slightly.

Hau takes it off of speaker and draws it to his other ear. After a couple of moments, his eyes widened to where they looked like pokéballs.

"...Lillie?" He was quiet, but you and Gladion both nearly choked on your malasadas. "Lillie?!" You both say in sync.

"PUT THAT PHONE BACK ON SPEAKER." You screeched. Hau sweatdropped, withdrawing it from his ear and putting it on speaker once more.

"Oh, hey guys! How's Alola so far??" Lillie's voice was filled to the brim with excitement.

"(Y/N)'s still Champion." Gladion chimes in. "Really?? That's good!"

Hau had the biggest smile right now. "Hey Lillie, how's Kanto going for ya?"

She giggled. "Oh, I wouldn't know. I'm not there anymore."

All three of you freaked out. Well, not Gladion. He didn't screech like you and Hau did. He only held a surprised look and a small smile.