Nap Time (GladionxMale!Reader)

Heyheyhey what up-
Enjoythisthingwhateveritis-

And remember you guys are still older in every one of these chapters, so I don't want any more comments on that!

I shouldn't have to say this AGAIN! ;-;

1st POV

I was tired. Absolutely drained of energy. I have to admit, I might have overworked myself as Champion of Alola, and now I was barely thinking straight.

I was strictly told by the Professor to get some rest, and so I do. Outside. Under a tree. Next to a malasada shop...

I didn't want to walk the entire way home, especially since my pokéride app wasn't working. Like... at all.

So I stopped at a nearby town and just plopped myself where I was now, eyes heavy, and sun warming me to the point I felt comfortable.

The grass beneath me was already warmed by the sun before I got here, and it was pleasingly dry so my clothing wouldn't get wet.

My bag was next to me, though I kept it close in case anybody tried to take it... though I wouldn't know who would.

I felt myself slipping out of consciousness. My pokédex alerted me somebody was calling. Yeah, too late, sorry whoever that was. I'm tired and I'm not moving my butt from this spot.

I hear Rotom repeat his alert. I ignore him, and he eventually gives up.

And just like that, I'm out cold.
-------------------------------------

Gladion's POV

(Y/N) Was taking too long to get to his house. Where the hell was he? I come all the way up here just to be told he wasn't here.

Perfect.

I whip out my phone because I'm not in the mood to argue with my pokédex, and call him through his own pokédex.

No answer.

I growl and shove my phone in my pocket again. Why was I concerned about this? No, I wasn't. Just go home. He's fine. You'll see him tomorrow.

Would if a rebel got him?

No.

Would if a wild pokémon beat him and he's stuck somewhere trying not to die?

No...

Would if-

ALRIGHT, I'LL LOOK FOR HIM.

The argument in my head has a winner, and it isn't me.
---------------------------------

At first I think one of my outrageous thoughts were true when I saw (Y/N) just lying on the ground.

I felt really weird. It was like my chest constricted just so it could flat out kill my heart.

Walking slightly faster to (Y/N)'s possibly-dead-probably-not body, I see him breathing.

Relief hits me so hard I was surprised it didn't leave a mark.

Stop feeling like this you're not allowed to.

He's a guy.

You're a guy.

Shut the hell up and stop trying.

I slap my forehead to make my mind be quiet. (Y/N)'s bag is next to him. Careless.

He could've gotten everything in that bag stolen if I wasn't here sooner. What an idiot.