Let Me be Happy (NxMale!Reader)

(I'm not proud of my last one shot- I was trying to throw something one after the other into it and make it long and whatever, but now all my good ideas were ruined-- I'm very upset :'))

(I drew N above, by the way. It's not my usual style, and I'm not completely in love with it, but it's something-)

(Sorry if this one sucks)

(I just don't feel like writing at the moment, but I want to keep a good schedule. I just don't have any decent ideas for N, so I might get his character wrong, or have the story plot go nowhere)

(I apologize in advance)

1st P.O.V.

Today was sort of a busy day. I was exhausted, honestly. I just wanted to go back to N and brush his hair like I would do every now and again. It didn't help that I was regions away from him. I was in Alola, and I'd just recently defeated the now former champion of the place. I was a champion. Again. I love the rush and all, but I miss N. Of course, he came to Alola with me and my mother, but he had yet to get used to the place.

I was out so much of the time that I barely got time to be with him anymore. It made me feel guilty.

Heading home, I was met with a surprise. N was at my doorstep, asleep, leaning against the wall with his cap down. He must've been locked out. My mom was probably at work, staying late again.

I grow worried, so I hurry over and move my arms around N's torso, effectively waking him. "N?" He slowly lifts the bill of his cap, blinking sleepily at me. "...Mn..?" I smile, kissing his jawline and humming, "What are you doing out here?"

"I was waiting for you." He mumbled groggily, moving forward and burying his face in the crook of my neck. I loved how affectionate he got when he was tired. However, I'm not happy to here he was out so long.

"... N... You know I don't come home until late. Why were you waiting..?" "Because I missed you." He muttered truthfully, making my heart wrench. It twisted and turned in agony from the inside of my chest, effectively silencing me.

N was too sleepy to hug me back, but I could feel him try to anyway. I gently lead him inside, finding out that the door wasn't locked at all. I guide my lover to the couch and let him sit down, sitting right beside him. "Did you sleep at all?"

He didn't answer me.

"N?" Slowly, he shook his head. His grip tightened on me. "I had another nightmare. About pokèmon and humans and... I just.." My expression softens at his pained one. Gently, I rub his back. "It's alright. We're heroes, remember? The people who hurt you and manipulated you... they're gone now."

N had been having nightmares for a long time. His childhood was a tragic one, after all. He'd only just recently started reaching out to me about them.

It explained a lot.

He had trouble trusting other people even now. It took him forever to actually open up his mind enough to tolerate me, let alone a stranger. Sometimes he didn't. Sometimes he just couldn't, no matter who he was looking at.

I kiss his forehead, pulling him closer and moving his head on to my chest. He moves his arms around my waist, hugging me and not letting go. "You aren't evil, sweetheart. You were a hero on the wrong side. Understand?"

He nods gently into my chest, quiet for just a moment, and then relaxes. "Do you feel better?" "Mh." He could only give me a small sound of approval. "Sleep, love. I'll take a few days off. Just for us. Okay?"

N looks up at me, surprised. He just stares. For a moment, I worry he was having an episode, but he shoves his face into my stomach instead and holds me twice as securely. "I'm happy, then."

I smile down at him, removing his cap and combing my fingers through his lovely green hair. "Good. That makes me happy." After a moment of silence, I assume that he's asleep, and I'm only more so proved correctly when I hear his slow, soft breathing.

"Sleep well, love." I mumble quietly, kissing his head and lying back into the couch. I was looking forward to tomorrow, and the few days after that.

Turns out that we both needed a break after all.