Lay Off (Guzma x Reader)

(( Welp, here goes nothing. To be honest, I don't particularly like Guzma very much. ._. ))

((But I'll try to write this. ;-;))

You were walking around in the grassy areas, hoping to scout out a shiny pokémon.

This was taking forever though, so you decided to take a break and travel to the pokécenter to heal your pokémon.

A few Team Skull grunts had stupidly walked over to you, waving their hands around and stepping around like a fiddler crab.

You realize your teams health was too low to take on anybody, even them, at the moment. "What is it this time?" You ask.

One of them grins, even though the bandana from around his neck covered it. "Yo, we want your pokémonzz! And we ain't leavin' til' we get 'em!"

(( thEIR TALK MAKES ME CRINGE, SO HARD. ))

You scoff. "No way. Just because I might lose a battle, even, I'm not giving them up."

They chuckle darkly. "We ain't tryin' to battle. Y'see... We want your pokémon to become powerful like you, champion of Alola." The other said.

"So we're getting them." They both pull out pocket knives. Your eyes widen in surprise. "Like you'd use those on me."

"Hm. So ya caught our bluff." He inspects the blade, twisting it around. "I suppose screaming would bring unwanted attention, yo."

The other was gone. Did he run? Did he leave while the one with the knife was talking?

Nope. He had slithered his way behind you, tying his bandana around your head to cover your mouth.

You would've been able to talk just fine, but he had folded it. And tied it tight. So you could barely even move your jaw.

You try pulling it off, but he had taken your hands. "So, Champion. Where's yer pokémon??"

You growl at them, kicking the one gripping your hands in the shins. He cursed.

"Cool it." The one with the knife snapped, bringing the knife to your neck. You freeze.

You thought they were just dorks! Didn't they give up on Team Skull anyway?! Maybe they were rogues...

"Hey." You hear a familiar voice from behind you. Thank god. It was Guzma.

"What do you two think you're doing?" He hissed at the two grunts.

The one with the knife grinned. "Hey, 'Boss'." He emphasized sarcastically. "What's up?"

The other chuckled darkly. "Oh right, I don't think you're the boss anymore. Just stupid Guzma."

You kicked him again. He grimaced. "Watch it, girly! Or you'll get yourself killed!"

You see Guzma tense. He looked angry beyond belief. "I'll give you both less than 3 seconds to run." He rose a fist.

"Oh, but you wouldn't try anything with your girl on the line, would you?" He taunted, bringing the knife closer. You felt the coldness of the blade.

You started to freak out. Was this really happening?? Guzma grinned.

"One, she isn't my girl. Two... You're dead." With almost alarming speed, he grabbed the knife from the rogue's hand.

He pulled the grunt by the arm towards him, stopping him before the grunt's neck collided with the knife.

He looked absolutely horrified. "A-alright, yo, we'll leave! We weren't really gonna try anything!"

Guzma pushed him away. "Lay off." He looked at the other one. "You too. Unless you wanna turn into a fillet." He quickly scattered, leaving his bandana behind.

You pull it off with a sigh. "Thanks, Guzma. They probably just wanted to be strong."

He smiled at you. "No prob, champ. Those guys were rogues. They refused to let Team Skull end." He looked forward.

"Idiots. They should know by now you'd stop them, no matter what. You're just that type a' person. You never give up."

You turn a slight bit of red. You shake your head. "Hey, you're the one who saved me. And of course I wouldn't give up. I gotta keep people safe."

He ignored your comment, pulling out six Full Heals. "Here, kid. Take 'em."

He tossed them one by one to you. You caught all of them, but one fell to the ground from your arms.

You sweatdropped. "Whoops." He chuckled. "Hey, I thought you were gonna drop more than that, with your tiny arms. Ya did good."

You didn't know if that was a compliment or an insult. You narrow your eyes at him.

"Did you just indirectly call me short?" You question. He laughs. "Maybe. But stay that way. It's cute." He ruffled your hair.

"Lay off, Guzma." You imitated him from earlier. He just rolled his eyes as you grinned.

He leant down and picked up the fallen Full Heal. "Lemme help ya. Send out your pokémon so we can heal them."

You nod, smiling. You handed the Full Heals to Guzma, digging around for your pokémon's pokéballs.

You pull out all six, sending them out. "Hey guys!" You grin. You're all time companion, your first pokémon, nudges you affectionately.

You chuckle. Guzma turned away at the sight, with a slight hint of red on his face. "Well, hurry up, come on."

You nodded, looking at him oddly. You didn't know he could get flustered.

You guessed he just liked the pokémon.

You start spraying your closest companion pokémon, petting them a bit in the process.

Guzma had started spraying another one of your pokémon. It let out a cry of happiness. He grinned at it. "Ey, so you like being treated?" He patted the pokémon's head.

You giggle at this. "Thank you Guzma. You don't really have to do this, if you don't want to."

He chuckled. "No, it's fine. I'm glad you and yer pokémon are alright."

"Thanks for worrying."