What I Want (Gladion x Reader)

(( NEXT IS GUZMA. DANG, I DON'T KNOW HOW THAT'S GONNA GO. ))

Gladion had entrusted you with his partner. Silvally.

Gladion's first pokémon, the pokémon who always stuck to his side, the pokémon he loved to bits, no matter how hard he rejected it.

He let you watch that pokémon.

You were bewildered when he had quickly asked you to watch Silvally, with much questions unanswered.

The only thing you got out of him was that he was going somewhere, and wouldn't be back for a while.

He gave you no clue as to why he couldn't just bring him along.

Now, you sit in his room in the Motel. The chairs weren't very comfy, so you sat criss-cross on his bed. He wouldn't mind, right?

Orrrr, if you snooped around? Would he mind that? Maybe. But screw it. You gave Silvally a couple rainbow pokébeans, and stood.

Silvally let out a low growl, as if to whine. He liked that you spoiled him.

Probably why he lays on top of you when you sit on the couch instead of Gladion when he visits your house. Or anywhere else you can sit down.

You give him a quick pat on the head before looking around. "Hm.."

You decide to look in the desk area in the bottom corner of the room. You open the drawer, pulling out what looks to be a book.

It was a simple, small darkly colored book. No words on the front. You open the first page.

You're starstruck to find hand writing on clean paper. The handwriting looked nice.

"Mother has officially gone crazy. She's never stopped talking about the Ultra Beasts, ever since Dad dissapeared." You read aloud, but quietly.

"She keeps calling us her beautiful dolls. I'm sick of it. Once I had started to not listen to her, she clearly started to hate me." You realize this is Gladion writing, before he ran away.

"She started calling me things like 'ugly' and 'usless'. She only pretends to love what listens to her. But in reality, she hates everything except Ultra Beasts." You felt bad for him. More than before.

"And then, I took Null. I didn't want him to suffer. They treated him like a machine, even though he was a living thing. So I took him, and ran..." You smile warmly.

"That softie..."

"I'm not soft." You hear the platinum blonde's voice from behind you. You jump slightly, nearly dropping the book.

He leaned over from behind you and plucked the book from your hands. "Why are you snooping around in my things?"

You're face turned a red color. Busted.

"I just... got bored?.." You avert your gaze. "So you decide it's a good idea to go through my things?"

"No. But I did it anyway." You laughed a bit awkwardly, but that didn't seem to lighten the mood.

He was frowning at you, like always, but at the moment, you didn't like it. You shifted uncomfortably.

"Is that supposed to be an apology?" He set the book back in the drawer, closing it.

"I guess so.." You shrug. He sighed, shaking his head. "Well I don't accept your apology. Not this time."

You turn away in guilt. "I'm sorry, Gladion. Really. I just wanted to know more about you, seeing as you never open up to me."

He crossed his arms, with a sly grin. "Mmmh, I still don't forgive you."

You groan in annoyance. "Then what do I gotta do? Do a circus trick?" You still felt your heart flutter a little when he smiled.

"Something like that." He put his hands on his hips. "You're really willing to do anything? Really?"

You nod immediately. "Mhm. So what do I do?" He leaned to your height. "Too easy. Since you've gone through my things, you know enough about me to come up with a guess."

You felt his breath tickle your nose. Your face had gone red once again. How were you supposed to guess?

You still barely knew anything.

Plus, the fact your crush is centimeters away from your face, just makes it harder to think.

"I-I honestly don't know." You shook your head slightly. "Then think." He responded.

"I can't when you're this close-" you blurt, shutting up immediately afterwards. You mentally facepalm.

He smiled slyly, same as before. "Like this?" He blew in your ear. You hiss lightly and cover your ears. "Hey!"

While your face was looking like a tamato berry, Gladion was laughing a little. "What?"

You turn away. "Nothing."

"Did you figure out what I want yet?" He stood straight up again, looking down at you.

You pause for a moment. "... Mhm."

Gladion held a look of surprise. "Then what do I want?"

You reach up and grab his face with both hands. You pulled him down to your height, which thankfully was only 6 inches.

"You want to be shown affection. Affection you're mother never let you reach." His cheeks dusted pink. "How did-"

You cut him off by running one of your hands through his hair. It was soft. You've always wanted to try it, but never had the chance.

His face was red. "Why are you messing with my hair?" "Would you judge me more for doing this, or for kissing you?" You reply with a question.

He shut up immediately.

You grin. "Mh, let's see.." You take your free hand, using it to turn his head. You scanned his facial features from all angles.

It was fun, that Gladion was allowing you to do this. Even though he looked like he was gonna pass out from embarrassment any second.

After you've had your share of fun with messing with Gladion, you let him go with a satisfied grin. "Cute."

He narrowed his eyes at you. "Cute?"

"Yes. You're cute." You stick out your tongue at him, giggling.

"No, no I'm not." He hissed. "The thing I'm questioning is why you let me do that." You look up at him.

"..." He looked away. "Tch." He ran a hand through his hair. "Shut up."

"Hey, you got what you wanted, right? Affection? So do you forgive me yet?" You asked. He awkwardly nodded.

You giggle, as Silvally skips over. Gladion rubs the pokémon's head. You snicker. "Told you you're a softie."

He hissed at you. "I'm. Not. Soft."

"And Silvally isn't the best pokémon in the world."

He grumbled, cut off when Silvally licked his cheek.

"Stop using facts."