My love is, just waiting, to turn your tears to roses

A piece of plywood lain flat, a splintering gash so wide it looks as if the sides would collapse in with a good poke. A fragile piece breaks from the ever growing hole, disconnecting with a loud snap and down into the abyss.

                                       *

Gerard coughs, the pain his chest barely bearable anymore as he lays flat. His fingers twitch every other second, the spasm moving through his body like a wave until it hits his bare feet, bouncing from the inside of his toes and traveling as a current back up his body to make his fingers twitch again. His skin itches, the cool cement doing a poor job of keeping it at bay.

Donna had not come back since she left her son with the papers, pen, food, and water. Gerard's rations were gone by now, the plastic bottle crushed out of frustration and thrown far enough the light from the lamps above don't reach. They lead into a black nothingness Gerard isn't brave enough to venture out into.

It's been maybe five days, Gerard can feel the pull of the moon already, maybe twenty four hours until he knows all hope is lost.

His fingers brush the ink next to him, skin catching against the smooth and messy strokes of the ink and shooting across the cement when he runs over it. Gerard moves his left hand over in strokes, hand smearing the ink a bit with each drag.

The black, sticky mess spreads out across the floor, image still intact even through it's cracked and smudged in some places.

The still house a big black wolf sits next to Gerard. The teen stills his hand and murmurs under his breath, twitching again.

                                       *

Steps awake Gerard, angry and rushed, like many people pacing. Someone yells and another answers angrily. Something smashes against another.

Gerard stays still, holding his breath. He feels exposed in the bright light, wishing for the darkness once again.

The second voice is definitely Bert or his dad, and so is the first, Gerard can tell which is which.

Another shrill voice breaks in, heels clicking in high pitch rasps.

Donna.

They move in like a wave through the house. In one ear and out the other as many pairs of feet storm up the stairs.

Something happened.

                                       *

OOOOOOOH WATS GOIN ONNNN? Any ideas anyone?

This was crappily edited because I'm lazy.

Votes and comments are al has appreciated, I'll see you peoples soon!