Find me, between, the devil and the deep blue sea

They're all sat around a circular table, Ryan's chair's armrest thudding against Gerard's own as the younger nervously shakes inside his seat. His brown hair is fluffy and still damp from when Gerard had helped him comb it out after a shower.

Frank sits next to Gerard, Anthony to his right. Jamia sits in suit next to him, and Gerard recognizes most of the betas that fill up the rest of the seats around him from the trails. One of them writes notes in neat, fine print frantically as everyone takes a turn to speak. They go in a clockwise circle, each of the eight members at the table saying a quick word and letting the group discuss. Gerard counts five people until his turn. Then, and only then, would he allow himself to finally open his thin lips, the skin cracking and just a little bloody from the cold weather. The turn taking was just some twisted fuckery of a reason to not share his opinion beforehand, as everyone else besides him and Ryan does freely. Maybe they both have finally internalized all of Donna's stupid opinions.

"-money wise, there's obviously no problem."
Gerard blinks rapidly when he tunes back in, eyes flicking around as they settle on the speaker.

Three turns till his own.

"Yeah we've got a big security to citizen ratio, but I'd say add up to fifty before that's murky water. We want at least seventy people in extra manpower just in case." Gerard has no idea what this guy is talking about, but Frank just blinks in understanding while everyone else nods as he speaks (like normal people.)

Gerard's eyes open comically as the guy talking continues to explain things he doesn't understand. His voice doesn't match his face at all. Big hands and big hair and little girl voice. Like Walmart Doctor Frankenstein's monster, all discombobulated features that fit together both terribly and beautifully. A melody only as dramatic and simple as mich-matched socks.

The omega slouches further into his chair, bored again after his moment of thought. Gerard's mind wheels off without him, eyes boring into the high ceiling of the room and slowly drooping until they land unfocused on Frank's face.

That God awful face of his.

And his tan skin and calloused hands and thick, dark hair. The kind of hair you knew would recede only just a tad in the long run. Maybe his jaw would square out a bit too. But then he'd just go from hot to daddy-hot and Gerard doesn't know if that's better or worse-

Everyone's staring at the boy, and he's chased out of his day dreams at the terrible feel of all the eyes boring down upon him.

Gerard hates eye contact. And public speaking. God, he hates all speaking come to think of it. The little voice inside his brain starts to nag on about his own woes as the omega's lips part without the his consent.

"It's obviously a good move." Goddam my big fucking mouth. "It's the right thing to do, expand. What's going to happen to Ryan and the rest of the omega's if they're left to their small square of forest?"

Gerard cuts off there, and most everyone at the table just thinks it's intentional. He finds as he stops focusing so hard on his words, that he's starring at the ceiling again. Gerard's throat is unbelievably dry, probably from all the mouth breathing he's doing right now. Each pant feeds the little person at the back of his mind, its his mother's own nagging voice from behind the grave.

Fuckin' out of breath from speaking you idiot.

It's back to Frank again.

"For all in favor say I."

Gerard raises his hand numbly, muttering out something that's definitely not English. Jamia might think it's Dutch, and that's why she's smiling. What he said sure did sound like Dutch, whatever it was. Gerard smiles back numbly as she walks out of the big room with the other betas.

Ryan stays unmoving in his seat, Frank studying whatever notes that one member was taking. Anthony sits there looking a bit lost, biting his lip like he's trying to keep something in.

"Frank?" He asks.

A grunt follows, the alpha's hazel eyes fixed on the words.

"I think Gerard needs some new bandages, ya know for his feet. They're coming undone. Infections-"

Frank's chair squeaks loudly against the stone flooring, and he's up and out of the room in two seconds flat. The notebook lays discarded on the table. Gerard watches him disappear as the door slams shut behind his shrinking form.
He looks back to Anthony.

"We're moving all the innocent from the trials back to LA. Today actually."

Anthony takes a pause for a deep breath.

"I could get you there before they leave."

Gerard lets the question hang, realizing its significance and too scared to grab for it. Ryan stops his own fidgeting, eyes flicking onto Gerard and waiting for an answer.

The omega's eyes flit down to the notes Frank had haphazardly abandoned. His bandages crinkle as he flexes his feet.

"You'd betray your brother?"

"I've never been one to keep an unhappy house guest." The beta answers slowly, troubled by his own words. Gerard listens to Frank's pounding steps as he races up the stairs he's just gone down, bandages probably clutched to his chest. The steps correlate with his own heartbeat in Gerard's ears. Anthony waits for the answer.

The younger has it, eyes flicking over as Frank butts through the door. He licks his lips, saying the word in his head before letting it out.

                                        *

So whatcha guys think is gonna happen? Thoughts on the chapter? The ish?

This isn't my normal updating schedule but since school decided to screw me in the ass, I'm just going to say fuck it and give you this right out of my womb. I just birthed it. For you. Here. Take it. Raise my baby. Make momma proud.

But anyway. Happy to be back, how are you all? I miss you peoples.

Votes and comments are always appreciated. I'll see you peoples soon!