Chapter 10

"Wanna walk home together?" Asked Jongup, since his house was on a road nearby to Youngjae's.

"I can't today, I've got to go to Daehyun's." He said, struggling to shut his locker door.

"Daehyun? As in Jung Daehyun?" Gasped Zelo. "Why are you going to his place?"

"For a biology project." He hissed, kicking the door harshly and terrifying an especially cute first year. "Sorry Kookie."

"You're doing a project with Daehyun? Did Yoongi desert you for his crush?" Jongup raised an eyebrow.

"Jimin's not in our biology class."

"I was talking about Kihyun but whatever."

"Since when did Yoongi like Kihyun? They were trying to stab each other with biros for almost the whole lesson."

"Pfft, they're just in denial." Zelo shrugged it off. "Since your biology class is so eventful, you might wanna consider keeping a record of everything for me."

"Why? So you can sell it to Jaehwan?" Youngjae asked. "No thanks."

Zelo worked on the school news alongside the student body's biggest gossip, Lee Jaehwan. Jaehwan was a nice guy, always cheerful and friendly, but you couldn't trust him with any secrets because five minutes later the whole school would know.

Zelo shrugged. "Your loss."

★~★~★~

After waiting by the school gates for five minutes, Youngjae finally caught sight of Daehyun.

He had an arm wrapped around a smaller boy with fluffy blonde hair and cute puppy dog eyes.

Byun Baekhyun.

One of the most popular (and unexpectedly nice) people in the school.

Upon noticing Youngjae, Daehyun quickly kissed his boyfriend goodbye and ran over to his biology partner.

"Sorry, have you been waiting long?"

"Nah."

"Let's go then!"

★~

Youngjae wasn't entirely sure what he'd been expecting Daehyun's house to be like and he didn't know whether he was surprised or not upon seeing the size of his place of residence.

It wasn't a massive house but it was certainly more than twice the size of Youngjae's. It had a spacious drive that inhabited two rather new looking sports cars and had the most perfect flowers growing up the sides of the walls and around the fairytale fence surrounding it.

Youngjae felt his jaw drop and heard a small chuckle from behind him.

"Impressed much?"

"Pfft, not really. My house is better." Youngjae lied. Daehyun just laughed louder as he unlocked the door.

"If my mum tries to interrogate you just roll with it, she's like that." Daehyun added.

Youngjae barely had time to reply before the door was flung open and a tall woman with the same large eyes as Daehyun stood staring down at him.

"Is this your biology partner, Dae?"

"Yeah, we're going upstairs now, bye." Daehyun said, grabbing hold of Youngjae's arm and dragging him away.

"Do you know how long you're going to be? Do you want snacks? Is Baekhyun coming over? Is Jinyoung coming back yet? Has he called you? Has Eunji called you?"

"UGH SHUT UP!