Chapter 31

After ten minutes of Daehyun noisily slurping his smoothie to annoy the younger, their meals arrived.

Daehyun cheered cutely and quickly tucked in while Youngjae giggled at him and ate at a normal pace.

"Woah, the food here is so good! And my drink is like heaven as well." Moaned Youngjae, widening his eyes as he took another bite of his cheese toastie.

Daehyun grinned. "Worth the wait, then?"

"Definitely."

"Maybe you should let me buy you lunch more often."

Youngjae narrowed his eyes. "I can never tell when you're joking. Besides, I'm not letting you pay for me."

"Yes you are. This is my thank you gift to you so make the most of it." Daehyun said defiantly. "You will not waste a single coin on this lunch."

Youngjae rolled his eyes but shut up anyway.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

"I need the bathroom," said Youngjae standing up. "Don't run away and don't let anyone steal my ice cream."

Daehyun grinned and saluted the younger as he walked off to the bathroom.

He continued to eat his honeycomb sundae until Youngjae's phone, which he'd left on the table, vibrated and the screen lit up.

Daehyun glanced at the screen for a split second, not wanting to read the message and invade Youngjae's privacy.

However, when he noticed what the message said, he couldn't help but slide the phone along the table until it was right in front of him.

13:02
Desperate ~ on my way, wish me luck 😜

That was definitely the message he sent before.

Being received

On Youngjae's phone

Meaning

Youngjae was the mysterious number.

The boy he had been talking to for months and appreciating more and more each day.

The only one in the world willing to listen to his rants.

The boy who thought Daehyun would be embarrassed of him and not want to know him since he wasn't popular.

"Okay, I'm back what did I miss..." Youngjae trailed off once he saw his phone in the older's hands.

He looked like he was about to ask why so Daehyun quickly pushed back his chair, stood up and wrapped the younger up in a tight hug.

A tight, sweaty, hug. It was 24 degrees.

"Daehyun, what the hell are you doing..."

"Why didn't you tell me." He whispered into the younger's ear. "Have you any idea how much this changes everything?"

Youngjae sighed, trying to ignore his deafening heartbeat and heated cheeks. "Yeah, I do. You'll decide you don't want to know me and go back to Baekhyun."

Daehyun shook his head and put his head on Youngjae's shoulder. "No, it means you're never leaving my side. You're the only person who's ever made me this happy and over texts of all things. I really like you Youngjae, as crazy as it sounds."

Youngjae couldn't believe what he was hearing. It was like a terrible romantic movie had come to life and he was trapped inside of it. But it really wasn't that bad and Daehyun was really good at giving hugs.

It was still strange though. Daehyun hadn't taken an interest in him before he found out, was he only going to be nice because of everything they'd texted about before? But he trusted that Daehyun was genuinely interested in him, he just hadn't realised before.

"It sounds very crazy." Agreed the younger after contemplation. "But I guess I was hoping you'd say that."

And he finally responded to the hug, wrapping his arms around him and ignoring the stares of everyone else in the cafe and Sana telling the old couple she was serving just how cute the two boys looked.

If you haven't already, please check out Hotshot's new song Jelly because they aren't very famous and their company aren't rich, but they're super talented and amazing and deserve all the fans in the world