Chapter 25

"So, what relation do you have to my sister?" Daehyun asked,  resting his chin on his hands and leaning closer to Kihyun. "I didn't expect to see you here."

"My mum's, like, your mum's best friend or something. I never knew about it, but Youngjae obviously did." Kihyun said, stuffing his face with Victoria sponge.

"So your mum's friend's daughter is Eunji?" Daehyun asked, his eyes following the beautiful way Kihyun tucked his fringe behind his ear and how animatedly he spoke.

"Yeah, I guess so. I don't know why you're so interested in me though, Youngjae's your biology partner, right?"

Daehyun nodded. "He is. And Yoongi's yours."

"I wish he wasn't." the redhead muttered. "He's a real pain in the ass."

"I guess Jinhong's nicer." Daehyun smirked, trying to keep the jealousy from his voice.

"What?" Daehyun failed to notice the genuine confusion in the other's voice and expression. 

"Nothing. So you and Youngjae are cousins?" 

"Yeah. He's annoying though."

"Do you have a cat?" Daehyun blurted put.

Kihyun regarded him with confusion before shaking his head. "No, I don't ."

"Do you like cats?" Daehyun asked, deciding to finish what he started.

"I... guess... so."

"Cool. Not a scaredy cat, then?" Daehyun grinned at his amazing joke.

Kihyun showed the most eerily deadpan face he had ever seen.

Daehyun cleared his throat awkwardly and tried to save himself. "Are you free this weekend?"

"No."