Chapter 23

Youngjae glanced over at his cousin who was sat next to him in the car.

He was playing Lady Gaga songs at top volume and banging his fluffy pink head along to the wrong rhythm.

Youngjae's mother had a pained expression on her face and looked as though she had a very bad headache, while Kihyun's mother seemed completely used to it but still rather irritated.

"For God's sake Kihyun, no wonder they wouldn't let you in the cheer squad!" She finally erupted.

Kihyun blushed bright red and stuttered, "I-I never tried out for the cheer squad! That's not a cool thing to do and it's girly!"

"Perfect." She sassed back, snatching his phone and turning down the volume. "Be more like Youngjae, he's nice and quiet and sweet."

Kihyun rolled his eyes. "Youngjae's boring."

"Wow, thanks. Cuz I'm totally not sat right next to you or anything."

Kihyun shrugged. "Can I have my phone back, I promised I'd text Wonho once I got the results back for my English test."

"English test?" His mother asked, handing back the phone and giving him a questioning look. "What did you get?"

"Forty two percent, better than last time at least."

Youngjae bit back a smirk. He'd gotten ninety two percent in the same test.

"Kihyun! I told you to study instead of watching that G-Unicorn!"

"Please tell me you did not just call G-Dragon a unicorn." Kihyun muttered, pinching the bridge of his nose. "And BIGBANG are awesome."

"Whatever you say." His mother sighed.

Youngjae's mum glanced at her son through the mirrors and noticed how his attention was completely glued to his phone.

"Honey, I get that it's normal nowadays to have nothing better to do than text, but you've hardly said a word since Kihyun and Kyunghee got here. In fact, come to think of it, you've been especially attached to that phone for about a week now. Have you got a boyfriend or something?"

"Ooh!" Kihyun jeered like the bitch that he was. "I bet it's Jinhong!"

"Who's Jinhong? Do I know him?" His mother furrowed her brow.

"Skinny, very good looking, very popular, very nice... He probably isn't into Youngjae." Kihyun clarified.

"Stop being such a brat Kihyun," Youngjae muttered. "And it's not Jinhong, he's in Barcelona for the weekend."

"How do you know that?"

"Because he told me, duh."

"Why would he tell you?"

"Friendship. Heard of it?" Sassed Youngjae.

"Not in the same sentence as you." Smirked Kihyun triumphantly.

Youngjae rolled his eyes and went back to looking at his phone. He could feel his mother and aunt's amused stares from the mirrors.

"I do hope you'll be more sociable at the wedding, Youngjae." His mother said, drumming her fingers on the steering wheel in time to the rhythm of the old song on the radio.

"Sure." Youngjae muttered in reply, only half listening.

"I thought you were bringing your friend, Kihyun? Couldn't he make it?" Asked Youngjae's aunt.

"N-no." Kihyun stuttered quickly, a small blush on his cheeks.

"What's his name again?"

"Min Yoongi?" Grinned Youngjae cheekily.

Kihyun slapped him in a way that was probably supposed to seem playful but actually really stung.

"His name's Shin Hoseok and I wasn't planning on inviting him anyway because he's an idiot." He snapped.

"No, that wasn't the name..." His mum mused. "Who's Yoongi? Do I know him?"

"Hang on, it wasn't Lim Changkyun was it?" asked Youngjae to Kihyun's surprise.

"That's the one!"

"Mum no!" Whined Kihyun like a toddler.

Youngjae howled with laughter. "Lim Changkyun? Does he even know you exist?"

"Yes! We're on the same hockey team actually."

"Well that makes all the difference. You're definitely in with a chance."

A/N: sorry updates will be very slow for ages, consider me on hiatus cuz I have loads of writing to do

Also I'm so hungry rn

SOMEONE BUY ME FOOOOOOOOOOD