Chapter 28

Daehyun was depressed.

He had been so intent on getting Kihyun to like him, he'd forgotten all about the biology project and left Youngjae to finish it off all on his own.

He'd completely forgotten about Yongguk's housewarming party in his new mansion, Baekhyun's birthday and a shopping trip with Jinyoung.

He trudged up to his locker with heavy feet and was surprised to find a neat stack of notes sat on top of his biology book which he'd forgotten to take home.

Thought you might need these
- Youngjae

Daehyun smiled. At least someone had his back. Biology was one less thing on his mind and now he could breeze through their presentation and not hold his partner back. He made a mental note to thank Youngjae properly for all the hard work he'd done.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

He sat down beside Youngjae in biology and passed him the chocolate chip cookie he had bought (with Yongguk's money) at lunch.

"Better hide it before Teacher Kim gets here." He grinned, sending his partner a wink.

Youngjae blushed and pocketed it. "Thanks. You really didn't have to though."

"I wanted to. I felt really bad for leaving you to do everything like that. I'm really sorry."

"It's fine. I didn't mind and it kept me busy." Youngjae smiled reassuringly.

Daehyun was about to apologise again when the door to the lab slammed open and Kihyun stormed in, closely followed by Yoongi.

"What did you tell him that for!?" Shrieked Kihyun, alerting everyone in the room that he was furious.

"It's true isn't it?" Yoongi said back, less angrily.

"No, it's not! But now he thinks it is and probably hates me!"

"Well that's your fault for not saying so."

"No, it's your fault. You're such an asshole Min Yoongi! You never think about anyone but yourself. You've just screwed up my whole life, don't you realise?"

Yoongi sighed and pushed past the livid boy to sit beside Youngjae.

"What did you do?" the latter whispered so that only himself, Yoongi and Daehyun could hear.

"Told Changkyun that Kihyun and Minhyuk are a thing."

"Ouch."

"Yeah, how was I supposed to know he hated the guy?"

"Kihyun hates everyone, but it's not your fault Yoongs." Youngjae reassured him.

"I don't get it. Who are Changkyun and Minhyuk?" Asked Daehyun, confused.

"Changkyun is Kihyun's long time crush and Minhyuk is a guy on the football team he really doesn't like but spends a lot of time arguing with."

"Oh." Said Daehyun simply. "Is he very angry?"

Youngjae glanced back at Kihyun who had shoved his way in between a nervous looking Jinhong and Jeunguk and was sat there fuming. If life were a cartoon, he would have smoke pouring out of his ears.

"What do you think?" He said, turning back.

Daehyun nodded. "Right. But you and Kihyun are project partners, right?"

Yoongi groaned and put his head on the table.

"Don't remind me. He's done hardly any work and I've only finished the half I was supposed to do. There's no way we can present it today."

"Just tell Teacher Kim how annoying Kihyun is. He'll understand."

"I hope so."

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

"Daehyun, you really don't have to walk me to my locker, I know where it is." said Youngjae and Daehyun followed him out of biology.

"I know, I'm not undermining you, I just want to tell you that you can ask any favour of me and I'll do it for you, it's the least I can do since you had to complete the project on your own."

"I really have nothing to ask of you, so you don't have to stick with me like this."

Daehyun pouted. "But I feel guilty. At the very least, let me buy you lunch."

Youngjae sighed. "Okay, but it has to be the cheapest thing in the cafeteria."

"Who said I was buying you something from the cafeteria?" Daehyun raised an eyebrow. "Tomorrow at half twelve meet me at the Skydive Cafe and we can have lunch."

"That sounds way too much like a date." Youngjae narrowed his eyes.

"Think of it however you like."