Chapter 17

"Ugh, Daehyun are you even going to do any work?" Youngjae let out an exasperated sigh and slammed his hand down onto the table to catch his partner's attention.

Daehyun stopped gazing out of the window and nodded slowly, taking control of the keyboard.

Youngjae glance over at Yoongi and Kihyun who were trying to stab each other's necks with stationary. Teacher Kim had to intervene before Kihyun beheaded the other with the sharp edge of a ruler.

He tried to locate Chanyeol and his partner but was interrupted by a loud scream.

Jeunguk was wailing loudly in the arms of a very pained looking (but still incredibly handsome) Jinhong, as he pointed to the windowsill.

A small black and white cat had crawled through the gap of the open window and was stretching languidly on the sill and staring wide-eyed at the panicking Jeunguk.

As it moved closer to them, it also moved closer to Daehyun and Youngjae and the latter felt himself tense in panic at the sight of the cat.

Daehyun didn't seem to notice though, his attention had been solely focused on Jeunguk ever since he's screamed and Youngjae realised that the older was going to be under Daehyun's watch for a while now.

Poor guy

"Aish, it's just a cat you wimp." Jinhong muttered, dropping his friend on the floor and moving towards the window to usher the cat back outside.

However it seemed that the cat didn't think the same way as Jinhong's fan club as it jumped from the windowsill and moved towards Youngjae.

Finally, finally Daehyun turned his attention back to his partner.

He seemed confused over how still Youngjae was standing, and the nervous expression in his face, but obviously didn't think to far into it because soon he was stooping down to lift the cat up and hold it right near his terrified partner's face.

Youngjae closed his eyes and turned his head away.

A few seconds later, the smell of mud and fur vanished and the cat was on the other side of the closed window.

Youngjae let out a shaky breath as Daehyun went over to ask Jeunguk if he was okay.

What the hell was he playing at? Trying to figure out who I was by scaring the life out of me, thank god Jeunguk's scared of cats too...