Chapter 36

Daehyun wasn't lying about it being embarrassing.

Since the second she'd opened the door, Mrs Jung had been asking Youngjae question after question with no breaks. She now knew more about him than his own mother who had been surprised to learn that he favoured Mino over Bobby (Jinyoung was distraught).

She seemed about to ask more questions when Daehyun finally interrupted her.

"Hey did you guys know that elephants use the skin folds on their backs to crush mosquitoes?"

Sure, it wasn't the greatest way to shut someone up, but it definitely worked since the whole table was in complete silence afterwards. Until Jinyoung planted his head on the table and cursed God for giving him such a weird family.

"This food is really good, your cooking is excellent." Youngjae's mother said in a weird friendly voice he very rarely heard. He wasn't going to complain though, she was trying to take away the extremely awkward atmosphere and judging by the shade of red his cheeks were, Daehyun definitely wanted that.

"Thank you Dahee, I used to work for a catering company and cooking has always been a hobby."

"A hobby which nearly let me enter high school looking fat." Daehyun groaned.

Jinyoung smacked his head. "You looked adorable, don't even try to deny it."

The two families chatted about stuff (mainly school) for a few hours until Daehyun's father realised he was missing the football match on TV and him and Youngjae's father hurried off to watch it.

"It's so sweet that you and Daehyun are together. It's weird since Dahee and I went to high school together and were friends like you two." Mrs Jung said.

Youngjae was about to say that their friendship probably wasn't as perfect as theirs had been, but Daehyun gave him a look that said 'don't mention anything cuz she'll continue talking regardless'. Youngjae shut his mouth.

"I don't know how Daehyun managed to find you, Youngjae. You're smart and polite, not the sort of angel I thought Daehyun would chase. That Baekhyun was always playing with him, he was never serious. I was worried about how naïve my Dae must be to stick with him, but then Eunji told me they broke up and he liked someone else. I was so proud of my baby, thank you Youngjae."

"Uh, I didn't do anyth-"

"Eunji told you!?" Daehyun fumed. "That's the last time I trust a sibling."

"Hey what about me?" Jinyoung whined.

A/N: sorry for being gone for so long, I'm trying to finish this story soon

ALSO

😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Anyone else excited for JBJ debut??? 😆😆😆