Chapter 14

Daehyun and Baekhyun had been walking around town in silence for nearly fifteen minutes and it was beginning to make the latter go crazy.

"Daehyun!" He suddenly screamed, grabbing the other firmly by the shoulders and staring into his eyes. "This is killing me! You invited me out on a date but you're not even gonna talk to me?"

Daehyun shrugged and avoided his boyfriend's gaze. "Who said it was a date?"

Baekhyun looked hurt. His arms slowly dropped to his side's and his shoulders slumped. "I don't understand you Daehyun. Has something happened? Is it Eunji? Does she have to go back to Japan?"

"She's fine, her fiancé said he can wait to go back."

"Then what is it?" Baekhyun asked, his voice cracking slightly with the tears that shimmered in his eyes.

"I don't know." Sighed Daehyun.

Baekhyun stared at him for a minute before grabbing his hand and dragging him inside a coffee shop to sit down.

"We need to talk, Daehyun-"

"It's Chanyeol." He interrupted.

"-What? If this is about that party..."

"It's not just that party though, is it?" Daehyun said, raising his voice. "Every chance he gets he's trying to steal you away from me and you're not doing anything about it. If anything, it feels like that's what you want him to do. Tell me Baekhyun, who do you choose? Me or Chanyeol? Because I can't keep competing with him like this. I really like you but I'm not sure if I want to waste so much time trying to keep you by my side."

Baekhyun looked down at his lap, a few tears spilling over his cheeks. "You want me to abandon my best friend just to make you feel better? Alright - fine! I'll tell you the truth! There is something going on. Two months ago Chanyeol confessed to me and said he wanted to get you out of the way, I stood up for you and tried to ignore him but he's my best friend so I gave up. I tried to keep fighting for us Daehyun but you were paying me so little attention that I decided against it. I really like you too but maybe the best thing is for us to end things."

Daehyun swallowed thickly before nodding. "Yeah, maybe it is."

Baekhyun gave him one last glance before standing up. "If you don't mind, I think I'll go home. I don't want things to get awkward between us and I actually have a lot of homework to do. I promised Taehyung I'd help him with his as well since Sungoh can't be bothered."

"Okay." Said Daehyun, not even bothering to look up.

Baekhyun left without saying another word.

Daehyun just sat there, staring out of the window of the coffee shop and watching happy couples walk by. Then, without a moment's hesitation, he pulled out his phone.