Something worth fighting for

Oh hell no, this mother fucker is grabbing the last bag of skittles!

"Hey guy, those skittles are mine." I stated, attempting to grab the bag out of his hands. He was making that very difficult, what a bastard.

"Yo, short stack, get lost." He said, holding the bag above his head and walking away. Was that meant to stifle my efforts? No way in hell.

I glared at his tall frame, and devised a quick plan.

"Hey guy, I'm serious. Give me those delicious mini rainbows in a bag." I said, walking behind him, contemplating on kicking him. But it isn't fair to strike someone with their back turned.

"Look little girl, go away, shouldn't your mommy be searching for you?" He asked, still walking toward the cashier.

How rude! I'm 24! Politeness be damned, this guy is getting his ass kicked. Today is seriously not the day to fuck with me! I grabbed the back of his shirt to make him stop.

"Seriously? What the hell munchkin? Go bother someone else!" He replied.

His blue eyes threw me off, as they were currently glaring at me, how could they be so blue? Focusing back to the problem at hand, I did the only grown up thing left to do, I kicked his shin and stomped on his foot. Wants to treat me like a kid? Fine, I'll act like one.

That temporarily transferred his focus elsewhere long enough for me to grab the bag of skittles and scurry toward the checkout.

I felt a hand come down on my head as I approached my destination. Then fingers sliding down toward the back of my head and grasping my already messy hair.

I believe my eyes almost popped out of their sockets as he gave a gentle yank. Is this dude for real?

It was enough for me to stop walking and for him to grab my waist and pull me toward his chest.

I felt him breathing near my ear before he said a word. It was kinda creepy, he would pass easily as a stalker.

"Do you really think, that you could get away with that? Do you honestly believe, that I would allow you to walk away with what is mine?" He whispered a bit harshly in my ear.

Is he trying to intimidate me? Or possibly distract? Either way, he's not getting MY skittles.

At this point, I had managed to glance around. Seems like we are gaining attention... and not the good kind. People were gawking at our childishness, all over a bag of candy.

Although, I can't blame them, the guy was dressed up in business attire and not a single strand of hair out of place. Meanwhile, I looked like I was dragged out of the pits of hell after wrestling with a hellhound.

"Look guy, let me go and we can both be on our merry way. It's simple as that!" I stated. He's really starting to piss me off.

"I don't think so. You see, no one can get away with hitting me, especially not in public. Now, I'll let you have those skittles, just be wary of the consequences." He warned me, softly whispering in my ear.

What is this guys problem? And what exactly could he do to me? What a bunch of crap.

His grip on my waist let up, but he just spun me around to face him.

"Remember this face, you'll be seeing it soon." He said, then proceeded to walk out of the store.

Seriously? It was that easy to win? I thought he was going to snatch it. Oh well, I win! That's all that matters. After such a shitty day, I needed this. Like I'd ever see him again, pfft.