Hard Bargain

"What do you want?" I answered, wanting to get this over with quickly.

"Well hello to you too!" A voice that wasn't Sean's replied. Fuck. Should have known.

"What do you want skittles?" I asked tiredly. I'm seriously done with trying to figure him out.

"That stunt you pulled this morning, that wasn't very nice." He replied, with amusement lacing his voice.

"I'm being serious, what do you want?" I inquired again.

"What I want? Well for starters, you. Second, what Sean stole from me. Well, wait, you will probably kill me in my sleep. So scratch that first one." He mused to himself.

"And what is it that he stole?" I questioned, wanting to get a straight answer this time.

"You truly don't know do you?" He said curiously.

"Nope, I was doing fine until you guys came into my life. So I just kinda want to never see you again." Feeling fatigue set in, all this stress mixed with shark week is making me want to curl up on my bed with my show.

"You see, we all believed you were working with him. Now I'm not sure what to believe. I can't have you running around by yourself, who knows what you'd do." He voiced.

"Did you bug my house?" I asked straight up, Ignoring his previous discussion.

"What? Why would you think that?" He asked, disbelief in his voice.

"You guys all but kidnapped me. Barged into my house, searched everywhere all night while I was sleeping, picked the lock to my bedroom where I was sleeping. Now tell me, am I supposed to believe you're angels?" My voice raising toward the end.

I heard chuckling on the other end. Asshole.

"Ok, so that may be true, but I'm not one to do that. I have other ways of getting information, like..." Mid sentence all I heard was three beeps and nothing.

Examining my phone I had to laugh as I realized it had gone dead. Well, in a roundabout way he answered my question, if it was the truthful or not is another one.

Placing my phone in my bag, I laid back on the seat once again and closed my eyes. I may have just been parked in front of my apartment, but I prefer it in here than there.

Just as I was starting to drift off to sleep, I was interrupted. Knuckles meeting my window jolted me fully awake. I ignored the tapping and closed my eyes again, I can only imagine who it is. Rolling my eyes, I heard them tapping on the window again. Is it really that hard to let me sleep?

I turned my head to glare out at them. And wouldn't you know, there he stood dressed in a suit looking like he didn't miss a whole night of sleep. Whatever he's on, I would like to know so I could marathon the shit out of my shows.

I ignore him as he tries opening the car door, stupid obviously I locked it.

The knocking and attempt at opening the car door didn't get my attention, but what did was a large bag of skittles he was shaking. Damn, this is honestly tempting. I'm so cheap... well, to get my attention I am, past that you need something more.

"Come on, just for you. Let's call it an apology gift?" He questioned, the word apology seemed to have made him temporarily stutter, like he was going to instantly die if he said it.

"How about that plus an actual apology?" I requested.

"Ok, how about 3 large bags, and consider it one?" He negotiated having another suit give him two more. Although, the face on the other guy looked like he was watching the love of his life slip through his hands as he passed them over.