Visitors

A loud banging sound yanked me from my peaceful sleep. I could hear someone cussing, very muffled though. More banging and more muffled curses could be heard from nearby.

The kitten pawed at my face to get me moving. The sound is obviously not in my place, so why should I see what it is?

Grabbing my phone, I noticed it was only 8 A.M. why is someone making so much noise so damn early in the morning? Do they not know that some people love sleeping in.

The urge to use the bathroom finally got my ass out of bed, still reluctantly.

Shaking the sleep out of my head, I made my way to my coffee maker knowing all chances of going back to sleep are shot. After exiting my bedroom I heard the banging, shuffling and cursing get louder. Guess who has a new neighbor. Oh, joy.

I walked to the adjoining wall and banged on it a few times before yelling. "Yo, these walls aren't that thick, quiet down. It's too damn early."

My ability to give a fuck about new neighbors has reached an all time low. I haven't even met them and already dislike them.

Running a hand through my knotted hair, I let out a massive yawn and started my coffee. On my way back from grabbing some cream from the fridge I had managed to trip over the tiny kitten and end up soaked.

Groaning to myself I stood up to change, only to be stopped by knocking on my door.

"Give me a few minutes." I yelled, pulling my oversized shirt off of me and wiping myself with a wet cloth.

After scrambling to find anything to cover myself with, I went to see who was there expecting it to be Eve. I hate when she says she'll come over and never gives me a damn time.

"Look Eve, you've got to start.." I started saying while opening the door to see someone I've never met.

"Hi." The tall stranger said, giving me a perfect smile.

"Do I know you?" I asked in a not so friendly voice, watching his smile drop slightly.

"Not yet, although I am your new neighbor. I figured we'd be hearing a lot from each other, seeing as how the walls aren't that thick." He replied with an amused look on his face, as he took his time inspecting me from top to bottom.

I glanced down, and saw I was wearing a mans shirt I stole from a fuck buddy a long time ago. At least it covered everything.

"Yeah, have fun with that." I said before starting to close the door.

His hand hit the door to stop me from completely closing it.

"I'm Mitch, what is your name?" He asked me, still staring at me like he's expecting a good neighbor.

"Hey!" I heard Eve yell as soon as she was within sight.

"Well hello there, I'm Eve." She introduced herself. "Damn, didn't know you had it in you." She said to me, giving me a wink.

"This is apparently my new neighbor. Have fun." I said, closing the door.

Ok, he was hot I'll give him that. Just below six foot, dark hair, a jaw I could cut things with, and a built figure. But nope, swearing off all men.

I heard his door shut before Eve walked into mine, fanning herself with her hand.

"Girl, if you don't jump on that dick I will." Eve said, giving me a serious look.

"Have at him, just make sure I'm not home if you go to his. I don't want to hear that shit. Remember the old couple, I still have nightmares." I shuddered after saying that. So grossed out.