Chapter III | A Battle in Pewter Gym

Ace's POV

     I awoke from the comfy bed I'd slept in. The sunlight reflecting through the window stung my eyes, as I was just waking up.

     I stretched my arms and yawned before hopping off of the comfy mattress. "Atlas, I'm hungry!" I call for my brother.

     Atlas was slightly older than me and Inferno, just by a few months. Inferno and I were born in 2006, but Atlas was born a year earlier.

     It was only a months difference because he was born on December, but the two of us had our birthdays in January. I was a few days older than Inferno.

     "Why would I care, hmm?" Atlas replied from the lobby. I sighed, left the room and headed outside.

     I don't know why, but I tended to always take the negative side of situations. For example, I'm paranoid about a lot of Pokémon based on their looks, whereas Atlas thinks they're all kind creatures.

     Inferno thinks Pokémon are stronger the cooler they look. I turned to a structure nearby which was a stone-like color. "Atlas, check this out."

     He and Inferno walked out of the Pokémon Center and turned to where my finger was directed. Inferno let out a yawn before looking towards it.

     "I take it that's the Pewter City Gym," Atlas grinned, rubbing his eye. He'd been up pretty late last night, although he never gets enough sleep. I could tell he cared about his Caterpie, even though it was pathetic.

     Before I could ask about the gym, Inferno stopped me. "The gym leader probably uses rock-type Pokémon," He explained, pointing towards the rocks surrounding the Gym.

     "Great, we're gonna get absolutely destroyed," Atlas mumbled. Rock was effective against both bug and fire-types, but both were weak against it.

     "YOLO!" I yelled, running towards the Gym. It's true, you only live once. I entered the Gym and took a minute to examine it before moving farther.

     There were rocks against the walls and stalactites on the ceiling, like an indoor cave. Yeah, that sentence didn't exactly make sense.

     Before me stood a man who had brown hair and tanned skin. He wore a green vest and had brown pants. His eyes were closed like slits and his arms were crossed.

     "Welcome to the Pewter City Gym," the man started. "I'm Brock, the gym leader. I take it you're here for a gym battle."

     I took out my Pokéball and nodded. "I'm Ace, and I'm here for a gym battle," I reply.

     "Great, then let's begin," Brock insisted, tossing his Pokéball. A floating rock with arms popped out of the device. I held up my Pokédex towards it. "Geodude, the rock Pokémon," my Pokédex started.

     "Found in fields and mountains. Mistaking them for boulders, people often sit or trip on them." I put my Pokédex away and considered the fact that Geodude was a rock and a ground type.

     I looked at my Pokéball from the corner of my eye. I believe in you, Growlithe, I thought. "Go, Growlithe!" I exclaim tossing my Pokéball forwards.

     "A fire-type, eh?" Brock questions. "At least you didn't bring a useless Caterpie, or something."

     The moment Brock said that, Atlas had walked in. I chuckled at the thought of him getting destroyed in a single hit.