Chapter XVII | Resistance

P.S: The video up top is the closest I could find to Shade's theme. Listen to it while reading if you want to, or not.
--------------------------------------------

Shade's POV

     These humans, they are quite foolish. They believe they can stop me, but they do not have a chance.

     "Resistance is futile. Give up, while you still can," I mutter. "No, it isn't. I refuse to go out crying," Atlas glared.

     "Believe what you wish," I shrug. I tossed my Pokéball allowing it to release my partner.

     "Marshadow, these four are a piece of cake, right?" I ask my partner. Marshadow nodded, preparing to fight.

     "Good. Let's take care of these fools, shall we?" I mutter. Marshadow took a step forwards and readied his fists.

Ace's POV

     On the ground were Inferno and Eclipse, both unconscious. I decided to persevere anyways.

     "Why not a song to brighten the mood?" I smirk. "Not now, Ace," Atlas growled.

     "Tsk, be that way," I scoff. "Arcanine, extreme speed."

     Arcanine sped towards Marshadow, but dealt no damage. "A ghost-type," Atlas muttered.

     "Marshadow, use drain punch," Shade grinned. Marshadow moved faster than Arcanine's extreme speed attack.

     It rushed up to Atlas' Sneasel and uppercutted him in the jaw. "Spectral thief."

     Marshadow again attacked Sneasel. Shade seemed to be giving Atlas a proper beatdown.

     "Counter with night slash!" Atlas shouted, but it was too late.

     Marshadow landed the attack on Sneasel and backed away extremely quickly. "Kadabra, use toxic!" Luna called.

     The attack hit Marshadow, poisoning it. Before anything else happened, Shade pulled out a yellow vile.

     He gave it to Marshadow and it appeared to be free of poisoning.

     "Let's go, use shadow sneak then use drain punch when you get behind your target," Shade ordered.

"Sneasel, keep an eye out," Atlas called. "Kadabra, use reflect!" Luna shouted.

The barrier formed around all four of our Pokémon, halving physical attack damage.

Marshadow reappeared behind Sneasel, which I had predicted.

"Sneasel, duck and use night slash on Marshadow!" Atlas quickly called.

Sneasel evaded the drain punch attack and landed its attack on Marshadow.

Suddenly, Shade's eyes turned to a slightly darker red, but you could almost tell no difference.

"Marshadow, return," Shade called. He recalled Marshadow back to his Pokéball. "Go Mimikyu!"

It seemed to be a demonic Pikachu, including its glowing red eyes.

It had the same dark aura that surrounded Shade, decaying nearby life.

"Mimikyu, play rough," Shade grinned. Every time Shade had that look his eyes flash red, and I mean flashed.

Mimikyu rushed at Atlas' Sneasel and did major damage to it. "Sneasel, ice shard!" Atlas shouted.