Chapter XIV | A Discovery

Atlas' POV

I didn't believe my eyes. Inferno was running from Fuchsia City at top speed towards us.

"You're alive, yay," Ace shrugged. "You're crying, Ace," Eclipse added. "Hush," he replied.

Inferno did something unexpected. He wrapped his arms around me for a hug.

"Did something in the forest scare you?" I ask. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to act the way I did," he apologized.

From the corner of my eye I saw a flash of grey in the woods nearby. I decided to ignore it.

"You've already beaten Koga, hmm?" Eclipse asked. Inferno nodded and showed us his badge.

"Poison-type gym, no problem for me and Blaze." I turn to his side. He had four Pokéballs attached to his belt.

"You got some new Pokémon?" I ask, pointing. Inferno nods and tosses is three of them.

Out came a Pokémon similar-looking to Ace's Growlithe, a Ponyta and an Eevee.

"Flare, Wildfire and Ignis," Inferno smiled, pointing to the owners of each name.

"Which Pokémon is Flare?" Ace asked. Inferno pointed to the one on the left.

"No, what's the Pokémon's name?" Ace repeated. "Arcanine, just give your Growlithe a fire stone," Inferno explained.

Ace still had one from a while back. Before he could present it to Growlithe, it backed away.

Growlithe growled at the stone as if it were an enemy. "It's Ash and Pikachu all over again," Eclipse mumbled.

"Who?" Everyone asked. "Nothing," Eclipse quickly replied. I gave him my 'you know what' look, yeah it's getting old.

Suddenly, Growlithe leapt towards the stone and started glowing white. When the light disappeared, Growlithe had evolved into an Arcanine.

I pulled out my Pokédex and quickly scanned it. "Arcanine, the legendary Pokémon," it began.

"A Pokémon that has been admired since the past for its beauty. It runs agilely as if on wings."

I pocket my Pokédex and shrug. "It's a fire-type with no immunities, quiet powerful," I say sarcastically.

Suddenly, a Pokémon appears out of nowhere. "Mine!" I exclaim, sending out Beedrill.

It had dark blue skin and a red feather on its head. I pull out my Pokédex, which I had just put away.

Nothing happened. "Unidentifiable Pokémon," the Pokédex stated. "What?!" I exclaim.

I toss a Pokéball anyway. The wild Pokémon escapes the Pokéball and attempted to run.

"Beedrill, string shot!" I call. Beedrill fired a thread towards the Pokémon's leg and dragged it back.

"Poison sting!" Beedrill fires a projectile at the unknown Pokémon as I throw my Pokéball towards it.

Seconds later, it was mine. I decided to go to the Pokémon Centre to see if Joy knew anything.

"Sorry, never seen it before," Nurse Joy frowned.

"Unidentifiable Pokémon?" someone asks. I turn to the voice and see a light-blue haired boy leaning on a wall.

"Lemme see your Pokédex." I hand it over to him and he taps into it with a screwdriver. "Is that safe?" I ask, uneasy.