Chapter IX | Shade versus Eclipse

Eclipse's POV

     It was a long time ago; before I was born, when it happened. I was around the age of twenty or so.

     I was a strong Pokémon trainer, a strong person in general. Then he came along: Shade did.

     He had challenged me to a Pokémon battle, said the loser 'paid the price' whatever that meant.

     Only later I had found out, when it was too late. He had a team of ghost-type Pokémon, but one was different.

     It wasn't a ghost-type, but it was immune to fighting and normal attacks. It was a Pikachu, a dead one.

     Shade was a mysterious person, but it turns out fighting him was the one thing I did wrong in my past life.

     I remember my past life, clearly. I can even predict the future. I can even break the fourth wall, as I just did.

     Shade took my past life, but my soul gave me a gift to make up for that. I'm silent now, I don't talk about myself much now.

     My life purpose is to help my sister, Luna, live her life. I feel like Atlas is part of that future of hers.

     I may be able to see into the future, but Atlas can change his fate. I don't know how, but I can't see his future.

     All I see in him is fog - a mist blocking my view. That's how I tell the future, through other people. But Atlas is special.

     I remembered the day I chose my first Pokémon, I remember fighting Shade and all the gym leaders. I remember fighting Red, and becoming champion.

     I can see the future, the past and obviously the present. I know the secrets of this universe.

     Thanks to Shade. He took my life.

     He awakened the power lying dormant inside me. Now I stand here waiting for the end, but I can't.

     I refuse to, because my sister has a future. Shade said he'd continue to kill me until I could beat him in a Pokémon battle.

     He said he'd come every time I hit the age of twenty. He said he'd torment me until there is nothing. Even if the world explodes, he'd still come back.

     I live a dreadful life, for Luna is all I have. I'm expressionless on the outside, a bundle of fear and sorrow is the truth of me.

     Luna worries about me, Atlas has his suspicions, and the rest and clueless. They think I'm normal. Let me tell you my story...

1964, May 21

     I was born, this is that time. I was born long ago, before many of my friends. Before my parents.

     I came into the world, magically. I knew I was special. I didn't come out of a womb, I just appeared.

      I was less than a day old, but I'd already known how to live life.

     I grew until I was ten years old and became a Pokémon trainer, picking Bulbasaur. It paid to be intelligent.

     Ten years later, I'd beaten all the gym leaders in Kanto and was about to travel to Johto, but a certain trainer stopped me.

     I agreed to battle, but his Pokémon didn't faint. They fought 'til their last dying breaths. Shade was heartless, he didn't care about his Pokémon.

     After he won, I went to shake his hand for a good battle, but he took my life. Out of nowhere, I was in an astral form. Seconds later, everything went black.

1984, July 14

     I remember being reborn the second I died. I wasn't aware of it at the time, but I relived my past life and died again.

     It hurt, not physically, but mentally. I died with no pain, but it still hurt me deep inside.

2004, August 16

     I was shocked to be reborn again the second I died. This is my current life, and it's been thirteen years since this time.

     I had a sister and a mother. My dad was always working I'd been so happy to have a family and I refused to waste this life.

     I thought if I couldn't beat Shade, why fight him at all. But I figured it wouldn't be that easy.

     So instead I'll become the strongest Pokémon trainer ever. I know that our lord Omanyte will save me if I'm victorious, no matter what Shade tries to do.

     But he can't let me cheat death, by letting me live even when I lose. So here I am, and I have to win this time 'round.

     I have to wait until Atlas becomes much stronger, then I can battle him. If I can beat him, I can beat Shade.

     I realize after this whole confession, the reason I can't see Atlas' future is because he's like me.

     He's aware of the fourth wall, he knows everything I do, but he doesn't show it. That's how he changes his fate.

     Atlas is a Timelord, that's why he came into my life. It was fate, that's why. He beats gyms while using weak Pokémon.

     When you get a full team...I'll be ready for you, Atlas.

     I felt myself being shook. "Eclipse, wake up!" A voice called. "Wake up, you log!"

     I suddenly felt a pain in my chest. "Ow!" I yell. I wake up to find myself on the floor. "Luna, why?" I complain. "You didn't wake up, you were scaring me!" She replies.

     Welp, time to watch Luna, Ace and the new girl fight Lt. Surge.

...

     All three beat the gym leader on their first try, not going into detail.

     Blah blah blah, story needs to move on. So now we're heading off to Celadon City and Luna's Abra evolved etcetera.

     By the way, that girl that Ace keeps glancing at - Crystal - has a Seel and a Shellder, if you were wondering which Pokémon she had.

     Well, gotta go, Atlas is giving me that 'stop breaking the fourth wall' look.