Chapter XVI | Lost

Atlas' POV

     Maybe Sola was right. Maybe I was Luna's boyfriend. After all, I don't see her kissing anyone else.

     I had to push those kind of thoughts aside, while still focusing on them.

     I had to focus on finding a way out of this forest for Luna and I.

     At first, she'd thought of splitting up, but after less than a second of thinking it over, we decided it was a bad idea.

     I feel like the two of us had really bonded in the past few days. I'm not sure what Eclipse would think about it, though.

     Hey, Eclipse - expressionless guy with a dark backstory - is it okay if I date your sister, who you're overprotective of? I thought.

     Actually, that sounded funny in my head. Luna was still a bit shook about being lost, but at least she wasn't alone.

     "Hey, Atlas?" Luna asked. "Yeah?" I reply. "About earlier...," she started. "Sorry, I just wanted you to keep your cool," I mutter.

     "N-No, it's not that," Luna stuttered. I turned around and her cheeks were red. "I...kinda liked it." I was stunned for a moment.

     "I just don't want apologizing for it," Luna muttered. "Because I feel the same way about you."

     Then, Luna pressed her lips against mine. I kissed back, then smiled. After Luna pulled away, we continued walking.

     There were constant times when we thought we'd found our way out of the forest, but it was just occasional light from the sun shining through the trees.

     Suddenly, I felt really stupid and didn't wanna bring it up now. I decided better now then never.

     "Hey, Luna," I sweated. "Something the matter?" she asked.

     "I just remembered I had Pidgeot this whole time," I muttered. Luna paused momentarily. "Sorry..."

     Instead of yelling at me, she wrapped her arms around me.

     "We're saved!" Luna cheered. I smiled, then sent out my bird Pokémon.

     I hopped on Pidgeot's back and helped Luna on. "Hold on," I muttered. Soon we flew out of the forest into the sky.

     Before I could tell Pidgeot to land, Luna tapped my shoulder.

     "Can we stay up here for a bit? I wanted to see the view," she mumbled. I was about to say sure, but Luna cut in.

     "Sorry, I know it's stupid. Never mind." I shook my head. "No, I'm fine with that," I smile.

     The sun was just setting and the horizon was a bright red color - the color of Luna's cheeks - which was calming.

     "Beautiful, isn't it?" Luna asked. I nod, then turn back to her. "I feel like meeting you was...fate," I mutter.

     Once again, Luna camouflaged with the horizon. "Sometimes I feel the same," she smiled.

     "I mean, I probably would've been a hostage to those weird men in Rock Tunnel without you."

     "Well, Eclipse was there," I added. "Yeah, but he didn't have any Pokémon who knew cut," Luna commented.

     It was true. I had saved Luna that day. From those rejects - it starts with an 'R', so it makes sense.

     "Atlas, can I tell you something?" Luna asked. The sun was starting to set, and it was getting dark outside.