Chapter XXIV | Indigo Plateau

Ace's POV

     Yesterday we made it through Victory Road and entered the Kanto League.

     Guess which one of us was lucky enough to fight Eclipse? Me, of course.

     And that's sarcasm, because I know I can't beat him. I guess I'll have to try anyways.

     "Let's go, Slowbro!" Eclipse shouted. I was sweating already, remembering the start of our journey.

     I knew I had to win this, for my team. They helped me alongside me this whole time.

     Now I had to repay them. "Let's go, Vileplume!" I shout. It was a two against two match, so this could go either way.

Vileplume is weak to psychic, but Slowbro is weak to grass. "Petal Dance!"

Slowbro dodged the attack narrowly and began to bulk itself up. "Curse," Eclipse called. "Sleep powder!" I shout.

     "Use sleep talk," Eclipse calls. Suddenly, Slowbro uses confusion in its sleep, damaging Vileplume.

     "Petal dance!" I call. "Block it with your tail," Eclipse demands.

     Using sleep talk, Slowbro blocks the petal dance attack using the shell on his tail.

     "Slowbro, confusion!" Eclipse shouted. With that, Vileplume was unable to battle, leaving me left with Arcanine.

     "Let's go, Arcanine," I call. After three bite attacks, Slowbro was down, but it had damaged Arcanine.

     "Alakazam, let's end this," Eclipse muttered, tossing his Pokéball. "Psybeam, then teleport behind him."

     Alakazam fired a pulse of kinetic energy towards Arcanine, making contact, but Arcanine was expecting the teleport.

     "Use bite, then set yourself on fire with flamethrower!" I shout. After that attack, Alakazam teleported away and finished Arcanine off with psybeam.

     So, that was all for me in the Kanto League. Right now, I'm pretty sure Atlas or Eclipse will win.

     The next round was Inferno against Luna, meaning Atlas was up against some random person who I don't need to narrate.

...

     Basically, Inferno sent out Blaze and swept Luna's entire team, Crystal lost to a random person, Atlas won his match.

     In round two, those people we don't know fought against Eclipse and Inferno and lost and Atlas beat another person, leaving four people left.

     Finally, it was down to Inferno against Eclipse and Atlas beat the other guy who we didn't know, so yeah.

     Now it was down to Eclipse and Atlas, except I had forgotten two others.

     One I recognized, the other was unknown to me. Frostbite and some guy with a black jacket and cyan coloured eyes.

     Now it was Frostbite against Eclipse and Atlas was going to fight this mysterious trainer...

Atlas' POV

     Before me stood Inferno's childhood friend, or rival you could say.

     Scissor had a team of three Pokémon, but they were trained hard.

     "Let's go, Sandslash!" Scissor exclaimed. "Alright, Golbat, c'mon out!" I call.