Chapter X | A King and A Dragon

Atlas' POV

     After beating Lt. Surge, Nidoran evolved into Nidorino, and I happened to have a moon stone from Mt.Moon so...

     I have a Nidoking now with some pretty powerful moves.

     I'd like to see Inferno fight him. Nidoking has ground-type attacks like Earthquake. Also, Pidgey is now a Pidgeotto.

     My team is coming along nicely. Now we're going to the Celadon City gym. I'm kind of scared though, I see Ace constantly winking at Crystal and she doesn't seem to mind.

     I don't think she's mentally stable if she's attracted to Ace. Stop hating on me, I don't ship it. Ace is giving me my 'stop breaking the fourth wall' look.

We finally arrive at the gym and Eclipse rushes for it. Everyone goes off to train without another word and I notice Crystal going after Ace.

My lord, I thought. Before I head off, someone grabs my hand. I figure it's Inferno wanting a rematch, but I turn to see Luna looking in my eyes.

"Yeah?" I ask. "Well, Eclipse might take a bit so I was wondering if you could maybe train with me?" Luna asks.

"Sure, where you wanna go?" I reply. "Maybe back on the road to Vermillion? Just not too far, I don't want Eclipse to worry about us," Luna smiles.

...

After a while of training, we returned to Celadon to find Inferno holding his badge and next to him was a giant Pokémon. "Is that Blaze?!" I exclaim.

Inferno grins at me. "Where were you two? Playing Monopoly, 'cause you took forever,"

"Also, your Nidoking can't touch my Charizard, ground doesn't effect flying." I gawk at Blaze. It was a flying-type now too.

"Yeah, your Charizard can't beat Nidoking," I reply. "Prove it, King against a Dragon," Inferno smirks.

"Bring it," I mutter. "Let's go, Nidoking!" "Blaze, you know what to do," Inferno grins with a psychotic look.

"Nidoking, poison jab!" I shout. Nidoking rams into Blaze with a fist of venom. On contact, Blaze becomes poisoned.

"Screw poison," Inferno scoffs. "Blaze, use wing attack." "Grab it's wing and throw Blaze to the ground," I mutter.

For a tank-like Pokémon, Nidoking moved fast. He swiftly evaded and tossed Blaze to the floor and quickly used earthquake.

Blaze was unable to battle in no time at all. "Uhm, I wasn't ready," Inferno shrugged. "Get outa here," I grin.

...

     After beating Erika at the gym, we headed for the Pokémon Centre to get some rest. Luna and I still needed to battle Erika, but that was for tomorrow.

     I sat on the bench, Eclipse sat on another. "Atlas," he muttered. "Hmm?" I reply.

     "You know of your power, do you not?" Eclipse asks.

     "You mean earlier when I beat Blaze with Nidoking?" I shrug. "It was easy."

     He shakes his head. "No, I mean your power to predict the future," he turns to me.