Chapter XX | Flaming Javelin

Inferno's POV

     I was training my team on the outskirts of Saffron City, waiting for my turn to face the gym leader, Sabrina.

     She used psychic-types, so she might be tricky to beat.

I decided to head off into the mountain range with Blaze, letting Atlas know beforehand.

Once I was far enough, I had an opportunity to break the fourth wall without Atlas giving me the look.

Just because two people spend time talking together, when they're the same gender, doesn't mean they're homosexual, alright? I thought.

Anyways, back to over levelling my Pokémon! I landed on top of a mountain and started training with Vulpix, and came across a 'you know what'.

I tugged on the red stone that was stuck in the rocky crag of the mountain. I had Blaze claw it out and I quickly evolved my Vulpix.

"Welcome to the team, Ninetales. It should I call you by your nickname?" I ask my Pokémon.

Ninetales rubs her head on my shoulder, ascent. "Firefox it is," I smile.

Recently, Atlas has been spending time alone...with someone. Not just his girlfriend, yeah it's official, okay?

But with his Pokémon, he's been creating these incantations that create auras around his Pokémon to strengthen them.

I've created my own and it actually works. Wow, we're creating an original anime, let's just remove the disclaimer and call this 'Creaturemon'.

Nah, I'm kidding. Blaze is giving me 'the look'. "Rude," I scowl at him. I made a combo with Ignis, my Flareon.

Sorry, not my fault the author is giving me lame Pokémon. Atlas is giving me the look again, I thought.

Okay, I'm done breaking the wall...for now. After a bit of training, I continued my combo with Ignis.

"Eternal hatred cast upon those who disrespect us; have them descend into the fires below," I chant.

Suddenly, Ignis is surrounded by a red, not orange, but dark red aura. "Infernal Strike: Flaming Javelin!"

Ignis summons five stars using his swift attack then sets them on fire.

Upon ignition, the stars begin glowing and Ignis fires them forwards, quickly but one at a time.

Each star is fired one second after the last, dealing maximum damage to the nearby cliff. "Nice!" I exclaim.

Ignis and Blaze had a special bond with me, even though I only recently caught him as an Eevee.

I understand Blaze has been with me for the longest time, but Ignis got me.

I know it's random, but Atlas has been calling me a 'fire stone digger'.

Hello, real human people. It's a reference to a 'gold digger'. You know, the girls that like guys who have cash and fancy things.

I sigh, as I feel an imaginary knife stabbing into my back.

"Atlas, stop it hurts," I groan. Stop breaking the wall, I hear a voice in my head. "Oh lord."

...

After training, I began to scale down the mountain when I saw two people, one looked familiar.

One person was backed up against a corner and two others in black suits were approaching them.

Didn't Atlas say something about men in black suits with..., I thought. Then I notice a red symbol on the front of both. R's at the front...

I jump down from about twenty feet in the air, landing on Blaze's back.

"Hey, idiots!" I shout. Both turn to me, aggravated. "What? My brother called you that," I grin.

"Go, Zubat!" One calls. "Go, Grimer!" The other shouts.

The person cornered against the mountain had brown hair with a light-blue tint all over, a cyan color.

"Scisor?" I ask. "Inferno, long time no see," he grins. "What's wrong, can't take these two on?" I glare.

Scisor shrugs, frowning. "I would, but my team's weak from my last gym battle," he sighs. "Very weak."

I facepalm angrily. "You never use a Pokémon Centre, do you?" I question, sending out Ignis.

"How's your family doing? You kill your brothers, too?" He grins, as if it were a joke. "Nope, they're still kicking," I glare.

I resume back to the battle. "Ignis, you ready?" I ask. My Flareon nods, turning towards the men.

"Ignis, use swift!" I call. The attack hits both Pokémon, dealing damage.

"Zubat, use leech life!" One calls. "Grimer use sludge," said another.

Ignis dodged both attacks, then hit Grimer with Ember. "Alright, let's end this," I grin.

     "Eternal hatred cast upon those who disrespect us; have them descend into the fires below."

     Ignis was surrounded by a blood-red aura, the next instant. It swirled around him - red waves of energy - raising all his stats to power-up his attack.

     "Infernal Strike: Flaming Javelin!" I shout. Ignis set the stars aflame, lining them up in a javelin-like position, firing one at a time.

     In a few moments, both grunts were running for the hills. "Team Rocket doesn't give up!" One yelled.

     "We'll be back!" Called the other. "Thanks, Inferno," Scisor smiled. "By the way, I know your real name."

     I stared at him emotionless, waiting. "But I won't let the readers know, alright?" Scisor grins. I gave him 'the look' and he smiled.

     Scisor was one of my childhood friends, who - believe it or not - played with scissors.

     He was his own hair stylist, cutting and styling his own hair with a pair of scissors, a cup of water and his sink.

     He was adopted, and one day his parents, the ones who'd adopted him, left.

     My parents watched over him, afterwards, until the one day.

     After that, he left and claimed he'd become a Pokémon master.

     Hopefully he catches more Pokémon than that Ash character.

     With that, we parted ways. Scisor was the only one who understood me, as a kid.

     He still had that pair of scissors with him. The red ones, I'd gotten him on his sixth birthday...

     I'll never forget him, and no doubt we'd meet again, sometime in the future.