13: The Office Meeting

Chapter 13: The Office Meeting
Song: Cry Wolf by Bebe remax
Quote: "The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new." ~Socrates

sweettweety Airatka treasure415 peggysue1981 Dark_grixx scarlett34garza bagelriffic gellybear96 Itkaitlynn thank you guys :)

"Now was that so bad? Meeting my parents?"

"Yes I died."

"Your-wait-what?" I let a laugh fall out because I caught him off guard.

"No it was actually not that scary. The office meeting is starting in three minutes."

"I know but-"

"No but's! We aren't going to be late because of you!" I yelled before I took off running to the office. Footsteps proved that he was indeed running after me. Throwing open the two office doors with a giggle I jumped and shifted landing on the table.

"Angel!" He yelled. I was in the middle of the table laying down in one of my cat forms were he couldn't reach me. The people in the room laughed at their Alpha who can't get their Luna.

"Okay we need to start the meeting now." Hands grabbed me carrying me over to Kevin no matter how loud I hissed. It just had to be Brownie that jerk. Handing me to Kevin Brownie took off. His hands were bleeding like crazy because of my claws.. Shifting back, Kevin just held me in his arms and didn't let me go.

"You're a party pooper!" I yelled at him like I was three years old.

"You're the crazy one!" He yelled back. Turning to Kevin I acted like I was hurt.

"Kevin. He's a meanie head!" Smiling he rolled his eyes at me and kissed my forehead.

"I'm sorry, Angel. But I have to agree with him. You're crazy but you're my crazy little mate." Growling at him I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Kevin. They're here." I looked up confused about what he meant by their. Kevin just nodded as the doors opened and two people came in.

"Angel. They're the Vampire King, Nate and his helper, Jay." What suprised me was that they looked younger then Kevin.

"So this is the famous Evangeline that walked into the woods looking for Kevin and I."

"I wanted to prove you guys aren't deadly and well you guys aren't."

"Although I thought you were human."

"That's what everyone says."

"She was now, she's a cat shifter."

"And I thought you would have red eyes and fangs but I guess not."

"No not right now at least. Okay rouges. We need to solve this." He stated.

"More warriors?"

"I got an idea." Everyone turned towards me, waiting for me to anwser.

"Burn everything to the ground."

"We sadly can't do that Angel but I love your idea." Kevin spoke wrapping his arms around me.

"You meanie head. You take all the fun away!"

"Yeah. Why are you taking the fun away from our Luna?" Brownie questioned. I like him again. He's on my side. Ha! Looking at Kevin he looked scared and didn't know what to say.

"Because we can't go and burn down the woods."

"Why not?"

"Because-It's.-" He cut off lost for words. Kissing his check really quick I smiled.

"Kevin. I was joking. We can't go and burn down the woods that we live in and we are not having a repeat of 'March to the sea'. All over again." He looked confused.

"March to the sea?"

"You don't know about the civil war?" shocked was the only thing that ran threw my mind. How can he not know it?

"No. Why? What is it about?"

"Sherman which was on the north side I believe. He ordered total war and he burned everything to the ground that they saw as they went threw the south. Taking only the food crops to feed his men. Making sure the south had no chance against them."

"Why would they do that? The battle was about what?"

"Battle of Fort Sumter and the election of Abarham Lincoln. That's what started it all but I say it was slavery." Nodding he still looked confused like before.

"I'll teach you later." Laying back on his chest I started getting sleepy real fast.

"What about declaring war on them?" Nate spoke.

"No war." Kevin noticed the tiredness in my voice as he leaded down placing a kiss on my forehead.

"That will be the last thing we go to, Angel. We'll figure it out but you need to rest." Nodding I fell asleep, wrapped in the arms of my mate. Having the best sleep in along time.

Kevin's point of view

"Luna is right. We can't go right to war. We have innocents out there." Ray pointed out.

"She's always right. Ray and Jared I need both of you two to look up that civil war stuff."

"What does the Civil War have to do with this stuff?"

"You can't go into war without a plan. That won't be really smart here in this problem. The north and south had to of had a plan. Which by how Evangeline was talking the north had 'March To The Sea.' Thing so that had to be some type of plan they had or part of what they had. We have to figure out what and bring it back into this." They nodded grabbing a computer and looking up their plans.

"I call north!" Jared yelled out pointing at Ray with a smile.

"But I wanted north."

"Too bad I get it. You have south."

"Fine bully."

"You know this is war, right?" Nate questioned concerned about the path we were taking.

"Yes but maybe we can do it without killing each other in the process."

"North also know as the union had Anaconda plan which meant they went up the Mississippi river and cut the south in half." Jared quoted.

"The south played defensive. They waited until the north made the first move before making their own." Ray added a second later.

"So we're going to have to go to war?"

"Yes. Kevin which side are we going to be then.

"Well it looks like their playing defensive."

"Looks like we're playing Anaconda Plan."

I'm sorry if you hate history because I brought it into here but I love history so........

1053 words