Chapter 12

No. 
No.
NO!

I came up from the water gasping for air. Everything around me blurry. I felt like I was drowning.

Again.

The waves crashed into my side causing me to go under once more. I wasn't under for long. A hand clasped onto my waist and shoulder and pulled me up. I couldn't tell who it was. I wrapped my hands around there's and held on, trying not to let the waves take me again.

I finally was pulled onto the sand but I was still being held. He wouldn't let me go. It was like he was more scared than I was. I looked up and say the dark hair and familiar face.

Jaxon.

His hands held the side of my face and he was saying something but I couldn't hear. It was like it was muffled.  He kept wiping my face from sand or water or from my scattered hair.
I honestly didn't know.

Everyone around me seemed frantic. But I was still. It was like I couldn't move. Everything in me wanted to but I just couldn't.

'She's in shock. '

I'm in shock? How di- ?

It was like someone hit me upside the head. I could hear. I could speak. But the only thing I actually did do was close my eyes and let the tears fall.

" Evangelina!! "

" Lina!"

"Eva! Lina!!!"

"Evangelina!"

" Sunshine."

Everyone was at once. All there voices were bundled and I couldn't hear just one.

" EVERYONE STOP" It was Jaxon.
"We need to get her inside and call a doctor. "

He picked me up and my head fell into the crook of his neck. He held onto me like I mattered. Like he cared.

" I got you Lina. I got you" was the only thing he whispered in my ear.

I know you do. 

Jaxon's Point of View

" Hope you know how to swim Sunshine. " I dropped Lina's tiny body into the water. Everyone was laughing and I chuckled.

She was going to be red from anger. I couldn't help but laugh at her the cute angry face she makes when she gets mad.

I moved a little back toward shore cuz I definitely didn't want to be in her line of sight when she came up. I noticed a big wave come in. I wasn't much worried by it.

Until in crashes into the spot where I had dumped Lina. And she still hadn't come up.

"Guys!?" Was all I could yell. I didn't take my eyes off the ocean. My feet moved and my stomach hurt.

Where's Lina?

" What!?" Dan yelled. He didn't know what I was on about.

" LINA WENT UNDERWATER AND HASN'T COME UP!" Before I could finish my sentence everyone was in the water, splashing, diving. Anything they could do to find her. Then I saw it.

Her hair. Floating on top of the water.

I moved faster then I ever have before. I grabbed her waist and her shoulder and pulled her out of the water. She was gasping for air and it was like she just couldn't get a breath.

" I found her!"

I picked her up and tried to get her to the beach without another wave knocking us over. She was still shaking and breathing  hard.

This is all your fault Jaxon.

It is my fault. And I have no clue how I'm gonna g to fix it.

Dan and Ollie helped me get her to shore safely and we laid her on the sand. Nora ran in the house to get water. Saura laid a towel down so we could lay her on the beach.

Lina wasn't moving. Her eyes were open and her breathing was still tagged but she wasn't moving. My entire body hurt from worry.

She can't be hurt. She'll be okay.
She'll be okay
She'll be okay
She'll be okay.

I wiped the hair from her face and held her face in my palms.

" Lina. Evangelina. Can you hear me?" She just looked at me. Then her eyes closed and tears ran down her cheeks.

" She's in shock" Ollie stated. Nah dip Sherlock. But now wasn't the time to be my typical asshole self.

Everyone started yelling and I couldn't think straight. If I can't think straight I can't help her.

" EVERYONE STOP" they all shut up
" We need to get her inside and call a doctor" They all agreed.

I picked her up bridal style, making sure not to jostle her to much. Saura and Nora ran ahead to call the hospital and Ollie stayed behind to help me. Dan got all the stuff of the beach and brought it inside. But as I carried her I felt my eyes drift down to her face.

Her small freckles on her nose.
Everything about her just screamed beauty.
And I couldn't  let her know that. But I found myself leaning down to here ear and whispering

" I got Lina. I got you"

And I'm not letting go.