Chapter Thirty-Three: Getaway

WHOEVER WAS RESPONSIBLE for giving Sienna Kennedy her driver's license should've been charged with reckless endangerment

"So, not only did you not tell your brother you took his car, but you're not planning on giving it back in one piece, are you?" Rachel asked as Sienna merged the SUV into another lane, narrowly missing the eighteen-wheeler that was barreling by us.

"You're real funny, Rach," Sienna said, blue eyes narrowing at Rachel in the rear view mirror.

I resisted the urge to cover my eyes with my hands and curl up until we got to New York. "For the love of everything, keep your eyes on the road, Sienna!"

Sienna ignores my plea, instead rolling her eyes and returning to the task at hand. "You two are being a bit over-dramatic, don't you think? I mean, just because I was on the wrong side of the road that one time, doesn't mean I'm incompetent."

It had been a mystery to both myself and Rachel as to how Sienna had ended up in the middle of oncoming traffic. We'd started out smooth enough as we left Bridgeport.

It had been agreed upon that since Sienna had been the one to commit grand-theft-auto, she should be the one to drive. Rachel and I had made an agreement on the side, as well, that should we be pulled over by the police at any point in our journey, our story would be that we had never met this crazy British girl before in our lives.

But when we had just passed over the state line into New York, Sienna decided she wanted to make a coffee stop. Of course, me being me, I wholeheartedly agreed with her and we pulled off at the nearest exit that promised the most decent coffee we could get at nine o'clock at night. It paled in comparison to Marcelle's, but at this point in time, caffeine was caffeine, and I personally would take whatever I could find.

We were pulling out of the parking lot, big Rachel and I busy on our phones. When I looked up, I realized that Sienna was mid left hand turn, only she was turning into the oncoming lane.