Chapter Thirty-Seven: Bonding

I WASN'T SURE who had even suggested it in the first place, but somehow all of us girls wound up at Declan and Rachel's apartment that night

I picked up Sienna, Meghan and Aimee after I finished a celebratory family dinner at home, and drove us all over to the twin's place. Apparently, Rachel had kicked her brother out for the night, stating we needed a girl's night and that his "annoying ass was not invited."

By the time we got there, Aurora and Violet were also pulling in, having just arrived after their own dinners with their families.

It had been my idea to include Rachel in our little get together. While the relationship between her and Sienna was rocky, our relationship was bordering on genuine friendship. And the fact was, at one point in time Aimee, Aurora, Rachel and I had all been friends. Today was a day to mend bridges, and I was going to take it upon myself to help mend that one.

So, armed with snacks and cozy pyjamas, we all settled into the living room in front of the flat screen television. In the beginning, you could sense the boundaries between who was friends with who. Aimee kept her distance from Sienna, and Rachel only really spoke directly to me or Sienna.

Of all of us, Violet and I were about the only ones who had no qualms with anyone. And Meghan, or course, who was essentially an innocent bottle of sunshine who just wanted everyone to get along.

We were about halfway through our first nameless chick flick when Aurora offered to help Rachel make some more popcorn, the first sign of progress. Nobody appeared to have been harmed physically or emotionally as the two returned to the living room.

"I've got extra buttery stuff here," Aurora dang as she returned to her spot on the huge couch, a large white bowl balanced in her hands.

"And I've got white cheddar. But more importantly," she adds as she plops down on the couch beside me, a grin on her face. "I've got wine."

Was it technically a school night? Absolutely. For some reason competition had been held in the middle of the week, on a Wednesday. But did any of my friends particularly care about that? Not at all.