x

- Eve

"Wait, you went round his house?" Sarah asked, pulling down the hood of her coat as we entered the petrol station garage. I did the same, nodding as I did so. I knew that staying at Simon's for an hour when I had only intended to stay until he apologised to me sounded crazy when all I ever spoke about was how much I hated him.

"Yes, I know I say I hate him, I just wanted an apology." I explained, picking up a basket and moving over to the freezer section before pulling open one of the doors "What flavour ice cream do you want?"

"Did he apologise?" Sarah questioned, looking into the freezer where the ice cream was "And chocolate."

I nodded, pulling out a box of chocolate ice cream and placing into the basket. I reached for the strawberry ice cream too, placing it next to the chocolate one before shutting the door.

"Eve?" she said, nudging me with her arm as she followed me down towards the crisps isle of the shop "Did he apologise to you?"

"Nope." I hissed, looking at the rows of crisps as I bit the corner of lip. I hadn't expected an apology from him, I was stupid to think I would get one from him but I wanted him to apologise to me for being such an arsehole but alas, he still remained an unapologetic dick and no matter how bad I wanted my apology he was too stubborn to give it to me.

"Do you want Doritos or Pringles?" I asked, changing the subject, looking over at Sarah and it was then I noted her sad expression. I knew she hated the fact that Simon and I fought whenever we were in close proximity of each other and I also knew she was desperate for us to get along for her big day because she obviously didn't want it ruined by our petty fighting.

"Do you always have to fight?" Sarah asked, her shoulders were slacked and she was fiddling with her fingers. I shrugged, pulling down a bag of Doritos and shoving them into the basket. Sarah huffed, pulling down a tube of Pringles before passing them to me.

"Sour Cream and Onion, really? That's the shit flavour." I complained, looking them over before placing them into the basket anyway.

"I like them." Sarah said, "Salt and Vinegar are too vinegary and Original is just boring."

I shrugged, holding the basket handles with both hands as I looked up the aisles before back at Sarah "You want anything else?"

"You to get on with Simon." she stated, poking my arm.

"Just let it go, Sarah." I said whilst sighing, "I know it sounds harsh but can't you see that it's never going to happen? He hates me and I hate him. There's nothing in the world that's going to change that."

"Eve, can you at least try?" she begged, as we joined the end of the queue.

"I am!" I half-yelled, my cheeks turning a little red as the middle aged builder turned around whilst holding his four pint bottle of milk.

I grimaced, closing my eyes briefly. I had tried and failed with Simon before, trying with him was pointless as he pushed me away. Yet something always made me want to try, even if I didn't want anything to do with him. Our paths always crossed and somehow he always came back into my life one way or another.

"Eve, go." Sarah whispered, pushing me forwards toward the till. I pulled my bank card out of my pocket, watching as the cashier pulled the chocolate ice cream out of the basket and scanned it.

"Would you like a bag?" he asked and it was then I noticed how bored he sounded, yet working at Tesco Express must have been a boring job.

"Please." I nodded, tucking a stand of hair behind my ear as I spun my card between my two fingers. He continued to pack up our stuff, before he swiped
his card and looked back up at us.

"Do you have a club card?" he questioned, the same question all cashiers asked when you went into any Tesco and when I shook my head he continued, "That'll be £9.89, please."

As I entered my pin into the card machine, Sarah took the bag off of the cashier and gave him a small smile. The cashier handed me my receipt, giving me an over-used smile before uttering a quick goodbye as we left the shop.

"He was a happy bunny." I muttered, running my fingers under my hood as I pulled it up and over my head. Sarah chuckled, unlocking her car and putting the shopping into the back before clambering into the driver's seat. I got in the passenger side, pulling my seatbelt over me before closing the door.

"You wanna come back to Cal's?" Sarah asked, slotting her keys into the ignition. I nodded, wiping a stray water droplet off my cheek before pulling my phone out my pocket and placing it in my lap.

"Cal text me when we were in Tesco." Sarah said as she pulled out of the car park and out onto the main road.

"Yeah, and? He is your fiancé." I questioned, scrolling through my phone before looking over at her.

"Simon's over." she mumbled, pushing her foot into the accelerator. Sarah noted the rolling of my eyes before adding, "You won't see him though, Cal and him are filming."

"Yeah, but I'll see him afterwards." I protested, looking out of the window. Sarah sighed as she turned on her indicator, turning a left that led her down the road towards Cal's apartment. 

"You can't avoid him forever, Eve."

"I can try."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

christ i have not updated in a long time

i'm in spain as i'm writing this and i'm thinking about sending simon and eve on a trip together. what do you think?

have an awesome summer!
don't forget to vote and comment!

nell
30.07.17