xiii

Eve

A light smile came onto my face as I handed over my debit card to the bar tender, I stirred my cocktail a little before the bar tender handed me the pin machine and I entered my pin before he left to go serve somebody else.

I sipped my cocktail, bobbing my head slightly to the music as I swung my legs back and forth on my bar stool.

"Aren't you a little young to be drinking cocktails?" a familiar voice said, I turned to catch eyes with Eric. I swallowed my drink, giving him a polite smile as this was the boss of my department and I didn't want to seem rude. He leant on the bar, looking me up and down before over at the bar tender who was shaking a cocktail mixer.

"Aren't you a little old to be in a night club?" I teased, placing my drink down and wiping my bottom lip on the back of my hand. He chuckled, waving the bar tender over when he got his attention. He ordered his drink, running his fingers through his dark brown hair.

"I'm only 40, sweetheart." he said, tapping his debit card on his lips.

"And I'm 22. So, I'm old enough to drink, thank you very m-" I was cut off by a hand grabbing onto my arm, I looked over my shoulder and met eyes with a very worried looking Will.

"Can you come outside, like now?" Will asked, glancing quickly over at Eric who had just received his drink and was looking between Will and I.

"Why? What's up?" I questioned, placing my cocktail down on the side. Will looked behind him quickly before back at me and then Eric, biting his lip.

"Simon wanted to get a cab home and I came with him and he had a little bit too much to drink whilst you were away and now he's like lying on a bench and he's like mumbling to himself" Will stopped to take a breath, "And I don't know what to do because I don't know his pin number to pay for a taxi for him and I've not got cash."

I blinked a few times, processing the information, looking over at Eric who was taking a long sip of his beer before back at Will. Even though I didn't like Simon, my motherly instinct was beginning to kick in. I had encountered drunk Simon before, once at Josh's birthday party three years ago.

"Is he on his own?" I asked, raising a brow "And have you tried to find, Cal?"

"One of the bouncer's with him." Will said with a shake of his head, "And there's another thing, he keeps asking for you. That's why I didn't call Cal."

"What?" I questioned, frowning. Will nodded, taking a step back from me.

"I asked him if he wanted me to go get Callum, but he said for me to go get you." Will said, running his fingers through his hair "Will you come then?"

I sighed, nodding slowly as I got up from seat. I waved goodbye to Eric, turning to him "I'll see you Monday."

"Have fun." he teased, raising his eyebrows as he brought his drink up to take another sip. I rolled my eyes, following Will towards the exit and up the stairs towards the front door of the night club.

Will lead me to where Simon was sat hunched over a bench, a bouncer looking down at him and a relieved look came on his face as he saw Will. Will sat next to him, placing a hand on his shoulder and muttering something to him.

"How long has he been sat here?" I asked, looking up at the bouncer. He shrugged, he hadn't been the nice one that had taken my ID as he must have left and his shift had been taken over by somebody else.

"Is he your boyfriend?" the bouncer asked and I shook my head, "Your friend then?"

"My friend?" I asked, looking down at Simon who was talking to Will under his breath "No, he's not. I've known him for quite a long time though."

The bouncer nodded, looking up at the doors of the club where people were filing out and making there way home. I sighed, taking a seat on the bench next to Simon and placing my hands on my knees.

"He wants you to come with him in the cab." Will said, giving me a sympathetic look before looking down at Simon.

"Me? Why?" I questioned, running my fingers through my hair. Will shrugged, looking up the road where a taxi had just pulled up and he got to his feet. I sighed, I had helped Simon before when he was drunk and my motherly trait of making sure he was actually okay was kicking in and i wanted to see him get home safe, so tonight I would forget about how I felt about him and make sure he was okay.

"Simon?" I spoke softly, nudging him gently with my leg. He looked up towards me, frowning a little.

"Eve?" he said, sitting up now against the back of the bench. I nodded, looking over at Will who was talking to the taxi driver.

"I'm going to take you home, okay?" I said, watching him shakily get to his feet with a nod and I followed his lead and did to. He wobbled slightly and I grabbed onto his arm to steady him as we walked towards the taxi "Are any of the boys home?"

"Vik is." he said, waiting as I opened the door for him. I pulled it open and I gently guided him towards the back seat, biting my lip a little.

"Okay," I said, watching him climb into the back "Watch your head now."

He crawled across, his head slumping backwards against the seat. I gripped onto the door, looking over at Will who was giving me a thankful smile.

"I've given him the address and I'll pay you back." he said, "Thank you for this."

"You better." I said, pointing a finger at him before laughing. He chuckled, rubbing my arm and stepping onto the pavement. I climbed into the back, waving goodbye to Will as I closed the door behind me.

As I clicked Simon's seat belt in, he slumped down against the seat and because of his height, his head landed in my lap. I placed a hand on his shoulder, nodding at the driver to drive. I cursed lowly as his eyes fluttered closed, knowing I'd have to wake him up we got to the house but for now, I'd just let him sleep.

"Now, Simon," I muttered to myself as the driver went over a speed bump and knocked both of us upwards "You better not puke on me."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

aye a nearly henry the eighth chapter

would anybody like a flash back from josh's birthday? to give some extra insight to their relationship maybe?

and i'm seeing dunkirk tonight and i'm exciteddddd

remember to vote and comment!

nell
09/08/17