xxxii

Eve

The New Year's Party that the Sidemen had held was slowly drawing to a close, most of the guests had left or had fallen asleep in random places in the house. The boys were in the kitchen, talking about something or other whilst Maddie and I had escaped to the living room for a few minutes of peace before the boys turned the music all the way up again.

"Can you believe that 2017 is over?" I asked Maddie, looking over at her from my side of the sofa. She glanced up from her phone, shrugging softly before she looked down at her phone.

"I'm glad it's over." Maddie said, "It was a shit year."

"It wasn't all bad." I reasoned, raising a brow as I brought my legs up onto the sofa and hugged them to my chest "You met Vik."

"I did." she said, a small smile playing on her lips.

"See? That's good!" I said, "How're things between you two?"

"Pretty good." Maddie said with a nod, "We've been on a few dates but we're not officially together yet."

I let out a groan, "Why not?"

"I don't know," Maddie said with a shrug, "I could say the same about you and Simon though, why aren't you two together yet?"

"I'm going to France this month, I don't want to get into a relationship with him if I'm leaving in three weeks." I said, looking at the TV before back at Maddie.

"You and him both have a phone? FaceTime him. Phone him." Maddie suggested, "Do some long distance thing."

"I couldn't do that."

"Why not?" Maddie asked, stretching her legs out on the sofa and looking over at me "Oh I know, you can't make out with him over the phone can you?"

"Maddie!" I cried, kicking her foot "That's grim, how could you even suggest that?"

Maddie snorted with laughter, raising a brow "Phone se–"

"Don't even go there." I stopped her by holding up my hand, shaking my head.

"Give it a try, at least, I'm sure he could keep it in his pants for five mo–"

She stopped mid sentence and looked over at the doorway, both of our eyes widened as we locked eyes with Simon and Vik who were standing in the doorway.

"Who's keeping it in his pants?" Vik asked, coming over and sitting down next to Maddie. She snuggled into him, resting her head on his shoulder.

"No-one." I said, giving him a smile. Simon came and sat next to me, lifting up my legs and placing them over his lap.

"C'mon Eve, who's not going to have to be able to keep it in their pants?" Vik asked, snaking an arm around Maddie's shoulders and resting his chin on top of her head.

"Seriously, don't worry about." I said, looking over at Maddie who was trying to keep in a laugh. Vik rolled his eyes, looking over at the TV and tightening his grip around Maddie's shoulder.

I leaned behind me, grabbing my phone and placing it on my lap. It was then that I felt Simon's hand on my thigh and I was suddenly conscious I was wearing a skirt.

I picked up my phone, unlocking it and looking through any notifications. Occasionally, I looked up to catch him looking at his phone, totally innocent to the fact that he was rubbing my thigh with his hand.

"Eve, are you staying here tonight?" Maddie asked, looking up at me. I shrugged, looking up at Simon, who was still looking at his phone and scrolling through is mindlessly.