xxxiii

Eve

I drummed my fingers on the side of my pint glass, watching as it filled up with water before I pulled it away from the tap and brought it up to my lips. As I gulped it down, I moved over to the breakfast bar where I hopped up on one of the stools and let out a small gasp as the cool leather hit my bare thighs.

Despite the boys spending so much money on heating, the kitchen still felt like Antarctica and the floor was like an ice rink. I placed my glass down, reaching for my phone and pressing the home button to check the time.

I had no idea why I was awake at 7:42 on New Years Day but it had been impossible for me to sleep at all when Simon was clinging onto me like a koala.

I reached for my glass, bringing it up to my mouth to take another sip when a hand slid around my waist. I glanced up, locking eyes with Simon who had just slid into the chair next to me.

"Morning." I greeted as I placed my glass down. He smiled sleepily, leaning forward to press his lips to mine and as I accepted it, he tightened his grip on my waist.

"How're you feeling?" Simon asked as he pulled away, "You're not sore are you?"

I grimaced at his cocky smirk, "No. I'm feeling just fine, thank you."

"Just fine?" Simon repeated, "Eve, I'm a little hurt."

I shook my head, looking him over before meeting his eyes again "Oh shush." I crossed my legs over one another, "Did you put it in the bin?"

"Did I put what in the bin?"

"The condom." I said, taking another sip of my water. His face dropped then but his eyes widened, searching my face.

"I didn't use one." he muttered. I swallowed my water, slamming the glass down on the table so hard that some of the water splashed back onto my hand.

"What?" I hissed, narrowing my eyes "I told you to use one!"

"I thought you said you were on the pill."

"I've just come off it!" I buried my head in my hands, "I told you I had just come off it."

"Well..." Simon hesitated then, "Fuck."

"Did you pull out?" I asked, speaking into my hands.

"What?"

"Did you pull out?" I repeated, bringing my head up to look at him this time. He shook his head, running his fingers through his hair. My heart sank and I bit my lip as our eyes met again.

"I'm sure it will be fine." Simon said, his hand running up my back to my shoulder "I promise you, it will be okay."

I sighed, running my fingers through my hair as I looked down at my lap. Simon's met my chin, turning me to look at him "Hey, on a plus side, our baby would be hot as fuck."

"Simon, I'm twenty-three." I said. "I don't want a baby."

There was a small pause then, like he was trying to think of something to say.

"Neither do I."

"Exactly!"

"Eve, you're probably not even pregnant."

"And if I am?"

"Well, you've got two options. We keep it or you.." he hesitated, "You know, get an abortion." he paused again, "But, you're not. I can tell you're not."

"Since when did you become a master at knowing if girls a pregnant or not?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I googled it." he said with a smile, "You know, for future reference."

"Simon."

"Hmm?"

"It's been a grand total of six hours, you get symptoms after four weeks."

"Well you go to France in three so..."

"So, if you get a very urgent phone call, then we-"

"We're fucked?"

"Yep." I said, "We're fucked."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

long time no see & a shit chapter

adding a bit of humour and a preggo scare to the mix just to add some tension before the book ends

lots of love, hope you enjoyed!

nell
01/04/18