The aftermath

Paulo stared at his girlfriend. His green orbs studying the sad expression on her face. Her eyes, the big brown eyes. The one he adored, almost as much as he adored her lips, were dull and lifeless. The usual sparkle and excitement was gone. He was worried. He felt himself ache at the thought of his girlfriend. The little girl, because after all she was indeed a little girl. She was his little girl. To be sad made him feel, a clench in his heart.

He loved Celine more than he could ever love himself. That worries him too. After all, to have feelings for a sixteen year old was wrong in every way.

Celine sighed, her brown hair tied into a messy bun on top of her head. Her eyes focused on the untouched bowl of lucky charms. She then, for a few moments studied her boyfriend. The twenty-one year old who she loved and adored. The man she had given herself up to, and planned on spending the rest of her life with.

"Pau." Her voice was barely above a whispered, as she completely came to meet eye to eye with. Paulo raised and eyebrow, his attention on her face.

"Hmm." He mumbled. Taking a spoonful of his own cereal.

Celine opened and closed her mouth, before shaking her head and dismissing the subject that had been messing with her head since the night before, "Never mind." She mumbled. Her eyes looking back at the cereal.

Paulo frowned. He had never seen Celine in such mood before and he felt helpless, "Celine." He pronounced. His green eyes furrowed with worry, "What's wrong?"

Celine shook her head, dismissing him, "Its stupid." She responded. Paulo eyed her, not falling for her response. He knew her better than she knew herself and there was nothing to convince him that something was bothering her.

"It isn't stupid if it's bothering you so much, love." He stated, "What is it?"

Celine sighed, a small frown on her plumped lips. Looking at Paulo, who awaited with eyebrows raised. Celine had an inner battle with herself. Thoughts had been consuming her brain since she had gotten home from the dance. That one in particular, whether Paulo truly loved her or not. She laid that night watching his chest rising and falling, questioning why Paulo insisted on staying with her.

"Do you love me?" She breathed out, heat rushed her cheeks. Embarrassment filling her body, "Like, truly love me?"

Paulo didn't know where those thoughts had come from, why Celine felt that he didn't love her. When he was devoted to her, almost as much as he was devoted to his career. He loved  her, as much as he loved to feel the adrenaline rushing when he was on the field. He loved her more than he could ever love anyone else. He didn't know how to explain it, but he knew that It was more than just a pass away thing, he saw a future with her.

"I love you." He spoke, by now he was kneeling at her side looking at her straight in the eyes, "I don't think you'll ever understand how much I love you or how much I adore you, Celine,"

"You're the center of my universe." He finished, his hands squeezing her slightly, "You'll never love me, as much as I love you."

Celine shook her head, "That's not possible." She mumbled. A small smile appeared on his lips, "I love you. To the moon and back and around the world and back!" Giggling, she felt like a little girl all over again. Kneeling down in front of him, she wrapped her arms around his neck.

Paulo laughed, bringing her closer to him. Feeling how they molded perfectly together, "To the moon and back and around the world and back?" He questioned, "That's a new one."

Celine let out another giggle, feeling his ears, "It is isn't?"

Paulo sighed, kissing the top of her head. He still didn't understand why Celine had questioned his love for her. He didn't understand why she would question him to begin with, "Why'd you ask?" He asked again, "If I loved you or not?"

Celine bit her lip, she debated whether dismissing the subject or telling him the truth. She decided it against it. She knew that pushing the subject further and further away would only make him question her further and further, "I've been questioning a lot lately," She began.

She had questioned he fathers death and what led to be the person that she was becoming. She questioned why Paulo even bothered to be with her, she was still a child compared to him- even if her body told other wise. She could someone his age, some model or this woman- not a child. Yet, he chose her, "Our relationship-"

"Our relationship?" He perked in, not letting her finish the sentence. He felt hurt, because he felt like there was no need to question their relationship. Yet, his ears was filled with doubts that concerned his girlfriend, "Why?"

Celine felt embarrassed. Paulo had never given her any reason to question their relationship, yet she did, "Why are you still with me?" She asked, "Why do you even bother? You could leave me for a woman. Someone who's mature and has experienced life as much as you have."

"Yet, you bother to stay with me. I'm a child compared to you. I haven't seen the world through mature eyes. I'm a spoiled brat! With issues that even I don't kn-"

"Celine." Paulo spoke. The argentine accent that she so much loved and adored. The one that she always love to hear the way her name rolled of her tongue, "I didn't even know at first why I stayed. At first I thought it was me being stubborn. Then I blamed the sex." He breathed out. He could remember many times when he asked himself why he continued something so dangerous, as corrupting a fifteen-year old.

"Then after sometime, I realized that it was more than the sex. It was that my heart had grown this special place for you. It scares me how much I love you, Celine." He was scared to know that he could grow to love someone so much, the way he loved Celine, "It scares me that I love you so much."

Celine was crying now. Hot tears strolling down her face, "I have so many issues!" She yelled. She couldn't even count how screwed she was on her fingers, "I-"

"I don't care." He stated, he brought his hands to her cheeks. Bringing her to lock eyes with her, "We're equally fucked up."

Paulo my love!! He's such a doll! Things are gonna take a downhill very quick! So hold y'all!