Consqueneces

Celine wiped the remaining sleeping from her eyes. Groaning, she tossed the covers of her body. The cool air making goose bumps arise on the caramel skin of hers. The pounding the had awaken her continued. It was urgent and it seemed to increase. Celine rolled her eyes, it couldn't be any later than nine in the morning and she certainly wasn't a happy camper to be waken up that early on a weekend.

Looking to see her daughter that now had taken all the covers to herself, Celine smiled slipping on her slippers. The pounding continued, and was cursing whoever it was. Rearranging her bun, she finally opened the door to reveal the man she used to call her lover.

Her expression remained emotionless, yet her heart was lurching from its spot in her body. Attempting to slam the door, only to have Paulo shove his Nike trainers to prevent her from shutting him out. Celine glared at him, taking him in. Sweat was visible on his forehead, from training that he had previously done- and from the run he had done from his car to his lawyers.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She seethed. Celine was fuming, she couldn't believe that he had the audacity to come in her life. To come in Salomé's life- like he hadn't broken Celine heart into a million pieces.

Paulo remained silent. His green eyes, they held a mixture of anger and confusion. He handed Celine court hearing appointment, along with papers of a paternity test to be done on Salomé. Celine's Italian may have been rusty, but she could still defend herself and she could of course read the Paulo was behind all of this.

"Who do you think you are?" She questioned, crumbling the papers to throw back to Paulo, "You have no right!"

"And you had no right to take my daughter away from me!" He hissed back. He was angry at Celine for taking what he had made with her. The fruit of the love between Celine and him. The little girl that had his blood coursing through her, "I ask the same, who do you think you are?"

Celine scoffed, her eyes rolling. He had no right to come back in her life and demand rights that he had no privilege over, "She's not your daughter!" She shot back with a lie, "You can avoid yourself a stupid court date and this idiot idea of yours to have a paternity test on my daughter."

Paulo shook his head. He knew it was a lie. He knew that Salomé was his. Something in his heart told him that she was, "The dates are there." He picked up the crumbled papers to hand it back to her, "You can either show up or you can't. I can't force you, but Salomé doesn't leave Italy. Not without my consent."

Celine let out a sarcastic chuckle, "Fighting over a daughter that isn't yours isn't going to take you anywhere."

"Taking away my daughter didn't take you anywhere, either." He stated. He left, leaving Celine standing there, with a crumbled piece of paper in her hands.

Celine finally slammed the door shut, she was sure the neighbors heard the loud thud that rumbled through with the door being slammed the way she slammed it. Celine should have listened to Luca and stayed in Madrid. Where she knew Paulo would have never been able to claim his legally entitled to parent rights.

She finally sat, her head in her hands letting tears slip. She couldn't win a fight where she had already lost long before any of this had awakened. But she was too prideful to let him win without a fight. Serena stirred in her sleep, she could hear the soft sobs coming from somewhere and she was sure it was not her newborn that slept right next to her in her bassinet.

Padding  softly down the stairs, she wrapped her silk rob around her body. The sight of a defeated Celine, she had feasted her eyes on years earlier welcomed her. It made her knees become jelly and so powerless. Something so unusual to  since she had become a lawyer.

She rushed to embrace her baby sister. Celine was inconsolable. It was the end of the world to her if she lost her little girl, "Celine." She spoke, "What's wrong?"

"He wants to her away from me." She cried, she finally looked at her sister. Whose expression read worried, "He's going to take away my Salomé."

Serena was confused. She didn't understand what had left her sister so distressed. Until Celine finally showed her that Paulo had cited for her a court date. She looked at the paper Celine had crumbled, it was an appointment for Celine to take Salomé to get a paternity test.

"Oh, sweetie." The twenty-nine year old finally mused. Celine was uncontrollable. She no longer knew if they were tears of helplessness or anger. She just knew that she was powerless and she needed help.

"I can't let him win." She finally straighten up, "He'll take her away from me and-"

"You're going to have to go through this." Serena spoke. She knew that if her baby sister tried running away from this, it would only fuel the fire, "You're going to lose anyways."

"Serena I can't let him-"

"Stop!" Serena raised her voice, "You're no longer a kid." Celine stayed quiet listening to her sister.

"You try to flee, Paulo wins all parent rights and you go to jail for kidnapping your own child." Serena continued. Celine knew that either way she would lose, but she didn't want to admit it, "You go through it. Take Salomé to get the paternity rights, go to the court and the worst case scenario is shared rights."

Celine sighed. She couldn't bare the thought of losing the only sense of peace and serenity she had in her life, "Serena, there is had to be another way." Celine was trying to find a way, but all doors led to him.

"Celine that's the best case scenario too." Serena reasoned, "You hid his daughter from him. Imagine how angry and put your shoes in his place."

Celine scoffed. She was too prideful to let the walls she had built to be broken down, "Are you siding with him?" She hissed out. Celine pushed herself from the couch in anger, "You're my sister!"

"And I'm also your lawyer!" Serena spit back in anger. Celine needed to take off whatever blindfold she had on, and opened her eyes. She needed to see that she lost regardless, "Stop being so damn childish, and open your eyes. As your sister, I can understand how angry you were when he cheated. As your lawyer, I do not agree that you took away those rights because he cheated! He had every right to know!"

Celine closed her eyes. Her world was slowly falling apart and all because she decided to come back to Turin.

Wow!!!!!! I updated !!!!! International break genuinely scares me !! Cause all these players get injured and it' makes me anxious! Any who mi joyita was called up and he looks so good !

Mucho love for you all always
Bendiciones,
Lexi