Visiting

"Thank you for opening the door to us." Celine smiled looking at Alice Campello-Morata, Real Madrid's, Alvaro Morata. Smiling, Alice hugged Celine. Putting her phone in her bag, Celine eyed the Italian, she was beautiful after giving birth to her second child and she was truly glowing.

"My pleasure." Celine was about to leave when Alvaro stepped in the living room, their four year old running behind him as well. Celine breathed, looking at how mature and grown Alvaro was from the Alvaro Celine had met six years ago. At the time he was in a relationship with a Spaniard- Celine remembered fondly. Alvaro narrowed his eyes, taking a look at the Colombian. She had to be. They had only seen each other a few times, but it was clear that it was Paulo's Celine.

"Celine, is it?" Alvaro stood next to his wife, looking at Celine right in her eyes. She nodded, a small hum leaving her pierced. A small sheet of awkwardness shifted through the air, as she moved her weight from one foot to another, "How you've been? It's been a long time!" He cheered. The only reason Celine would have been here was because Paulo was indeed coming to Madrid. That seemed to warm Alvaro's heart and Celine saw it in his eyes. He was one of his best friends during his stay in Juventus and he truly was sorry for loosing touch with him.

"So is it true?" He questioned, "That Paulo's coming to Madrid."

Celine opened and closed her mouth, licking her lips in the process, "I haven't seen Paulo in years." She confessed, "I wouldn't know if he is or not." She shrugged honestly. Alvaro's eyes dimmed, giving Celine his best apologetic look. He didn't understand what had gone downhill. He could remembered how in love Paulo was with the sixteen year old at the time. He was willing loose it all of it was meant he could keep her.

"I'm sorry." He stuttered trying to find words to apologize, "I just figured by your tattoo that you two were married and had a chi-"

Celine looked at the outside of her wrist when she noticed Alvaro's eyes on it. It was her daughter's name in cursive. One she had done when Salomé turned one, "She's six." Celine answered and it wasn't hard for anybody one to do the math to try to figure out if she was or not Paulo's, "And she is his." She finally stated. 'He just doesn't know she exists'  she wanted to finish, but she didn't.

"I have to go." She motioned. Trying to crawl out of the awkward situation she was in. She looked at the wonderful and beautiful family Alvaro and his wife had raised together. It only made her ache at the thought that she didn't give her daughter that chance, "It was so good to see you again, and a pleasure to meet you, Alice." They both returned a smile as they walked her to the door, where Celine instantly jumped in her car wanting run away.

And Celine could finally breathe in her car. How was she suppose to tell her daughter about her father? How was she supposed to tell a six year old that her father didn't even know she existed and all thanks to her mother. Celine pulled into Luca Zidane's drive way. A sigh of relief leaving her lips. She felt a sense of uncertainty overcoming her, eating her.

"Hey." He smiled looking at he the beauty. He had fallen in love with Celine when he first laid eyes on her. She might have been maybe nineteen at the time, and the curves her maternity left her were certainly not to be missed. But his aspiration if being something more with Celine where cut short when she told him that she had no space in her heart for a new lover. So he settled, he would rather have her as a close friend that nothing, especially with the little girl he adored called, Salomé.

"Hey." She smiled, "Salomé didn't cause you too much trouble, did she?"

Luca shook his head as they made their way to the living room,  where Salome sat with her white shirt untucked and her once nicely done fishtail pony with fly aways sticking out, "Hey, miss thing." Salomé lifted her eyes up from the book she read only to have them twinkle at the sight of her mother. Her arms wrapping around her mother's neck tightly. Celine felt peace having her daughter so close to her, reassuring her like the day she was born that everything was going to be alright.

"Mommy guess what?" Salomé jumped up and down excitedly. Luca chuckled next to them, while Celine stood their with wide eyes waiting for the news her six year old would tell her. Reaching for the book she was reading, she showed it to her mother. Who took it in her hands studying it, "Tio Luca bought this for me!" Salome cheered running to jump on the French goalkeeper's lap.

Luca wrapped his arms around Salomé, pulling her closer to him. Celine looked at them, the way Salome found comfort in someone that wasn't her father. The way Luca loved and protected that little girl. They both held a special place in each other's hearts- Salomé's in Luca's and Luca in Salomé's. It only made her wonder if Paulo would have been the same with her. Would have he been so enchanted by his little girl?

Celine shook her head playfully, giving them both a scolding look, "If you're uncle buys you one more book you'll be sleeping with me." Salome giggled in Luca's hold. She felt a clench in her heart,  knowing that Celine had made a mistake when she didn't tell Paulo that she was pregnant- but she would have never admitted that. She was stubborn and prideful like that.

"Mommy and your uncle need to have grown up talk." Celine looked at Salomé who only nodded when Luca scurried her away to his bedroom; where she could read her book in peace. Watching her leave, Celine leaned in the couch her eyes closing.

Luca looked at his friend, a worried look in his hazel eyes. Knowing it had all to do with her visiting Serena in Turin, "Does your mood by any chance have to do with the trip to Italy?" He questioned.

With one open eye, Celine groaned. There was something that Celine couldn't put into words. She was a whirlwind of mixed emotions. At the simple thought of going back to the place that destroyed her. She had left empty handed and now she returned holding her daughter's hand.

Luca breathed. It was one of those airy breathes where all his worries seemed to escape. He knew how broken Italy had left Celine,  and he wasn't going to be the one to allow his friend go to let Italy to  tear herself down again- taking Salomé down with her, "Are you sure you want to go back?" He wanted to hear that Celine wasn't going back. But he knew how stubborn Celine was and there was no way she was going to show any fear, "You can always stay."

Celine smiled. Her once red covered lips, were now covered in a shade of nude pink, "I have to." She spoke. It wasn't like she was going to let fear win, even though she desperately wanted to just let it eat her. She appreciated Luca's concerned, but she had to go back. She had to know what had been of her lover all these years. She looked down at her promise ring again. The same one she never found the courage to take of, after all those years, "I'm old enough to handle myself."

Luca frowned. Who was going to take care of the little girl who currently was upstairs. Who was going to prepare her if the time came that was to meet her father. And who was going to prepare Celine, "Who's going to handle Salomé? He questioned, eyebrows raised.

Salomé. Who  was to prepare her for a broken heart? Who would be there when her green eyes met the man she had to thank for her beautiful green eyes. Who was to prepare her? While Celine was trying to prepare herself? 

Celine sighed. It wasn't like she could hide herself and her daughter. The day would come when she would have to let Salomé met her father and that was something Celine had no power over with.

But who would have known it would have been sooner rather than later?

If your tell yourself that Luca Zidane isn't a snack you're lying to yourself! He's a damn dull course meal! So so eye candy and beautiful. Too bad he's a Madridista.

I think my heart is ready for Paulo to come back! Just imagine him and Salo! That warms my heart!

Bendiciones,

Lexi